You understand how computers work and what role an operating system plays. Youknow why the Linux kernel is written in C and not any other language. You havea favorite file system, you know what a syscall is and you are comfortableexploring /proc and /sys. You like using Go every day, are not afraid ofMakefiles and you enjoy when thousands of servers bend to your will.About the job
You will be working on our open source products:
- Teleport - the smart replacement for OpenSSH.
- Gravity - image-based deployment solution for Kubernetes applications.
- The range of problem solving includes networking, performance, security andintegrations with existing systems.
- Build and test cycles are measured in seconds, integration tests are runningin minutes.
- Most of the code you will write will be open source.
- Our products are loved by their users, you'll get to talk to some of them on Slack.
- We practice thorough code reviews and have an open design process.
Here are some of the example projects you may be working on:
- Adding additional SSO providers support to Teleport enterprise code base andimproving existing integrations.
- Improving Kubernetes protocol support in our proxy.
- Implementing RDP proxy with recording and replay.
You should be comfortable changing the area of focus and working directly withcustomers.About the locations and benefits
We offer competitive compensation and benefits - including equity grant,platinum level healthcare insurance (supplemental insurance for Toronto), 401kand commuter benefits. We offer relocation to any of the following locations:
- Seattle, WA
- Oakland, CA
- Toronto, Canada
Teleport is a modern security gateway (with ~7k Github stars) for remotely accessing clusters of Linux servers or Kubernetes clusters (https://github.com/gravitational/teleport).
Gravity is a Kubernetes packaging solution that reduces the operational burden of on-prem deployments (https://github.com/gravitational/gravity).
Why Work Here?Gravitational's software and services help enterprises deliver and run cloud-native applications in multi-cloud environments where compliance matters. We currently offer two open-source solutions: Teleport is a modern security gateway (with ~7k Github stars) for remotely accessing clusters of Linux servers or Kubernetes clusters (https://github.com/gravitational/teleport). Gravity is a Kubernetes packaging solution that reduces the operational burden of on-prem deployments (https://github.com/gravitational/gravity).
Last year, Gravitational grew revenue 2x (w/ license revenue 3x) and we were profitable, with over 15% net profit.