Grapevine MSP is looking for Level lll Senior IT Systems Engineer to join our team at the Bakersfield California location!
Remote/Onsite Position: Company Vehicle Available for Onsite Service Calls
The Sr. Systems Engineer will be responsible for supporting Windows Active Directory networks of various sizes, Office 365 Email, cloud solutions, infrastructure, and backup and disaster recovery processes. Additionally, this person will be responsible for ensuring our monitoring tools are reporting accurately and all internal procedures are followed at each site.
Responsibilities will include management of VMware, Backups, Storage, Active Directory, Databases, RMM infrastructure, Alerts, Monitoring, and IT tickets. This role is a key position and will be called upon to resolve the highest-level technical issues.
Sr. Systems Engineer must understand and adhere to the company’s security policies and procedures. The Sr. Systems Engineer will be part of the team and will be responsible to architect and identify any issues found at a client’s site, propose a solution, implement the said solution and train other team members on its usage when completed.
Sr. Systems Engineer will be required to demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service and superior communication and organization skills essential in fostering excellent relationships with our team members and employees. Proper and accurate documentation is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain server, storage and virtual infrastructure which includes VMware HyperVisor, SAN, and NAS storage solutions
- Proactively look for signs of issues with customer networks and report them for remediation
- Proactively monitor and troubleshoot systems with in house RMM tools
- Manage and maintain Servers, DFS, Active Directory, DHCP and DNS infrastructure
- Automate routine system administration tasks using any scripting language
- Load balance power and manage UPS and PDUs
- On-call support as part of a rotation with the rest of the team
- Lead & timely completion of Projects
- Off-hours maintenance support as needed
- Other job-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Professional Certifications (MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, ITIL, CompTIA A+, VMware) preferred
- Active Directory
- Group Policy Management
- Office 365 Email tenant setup and management
- Firewall Rules and setup
- VMware - ESXi and Vcenter
- 10+ years of systems administration experience
- 5+ years of scripting experience with PowerShell
- Experience with managing Windows Infrastructure
- Experience with Active Directory Services and Delegation
- Experience with GPO, DNS, DHCP
- Patch management experience
- Experience with VMWare
- Experience with enterprise backup software and Storage
- Experience with Office 365 Email, one-drive, and SharePoint
- Experience with Firewalls, switches and AP's on enterprise models
- Experience with server migration and decommission
- Experience with deploying AV, e-mail filter and proxy security devices
- Experience with server room setup and cable management
Other useful experience but not required
- Experience with telephony installation and maintenance
- Experience with Azure or AWS
- Understanding of telecommunication principles (SD-WAN, MPLS)
- Experience with Citrix Deployment
Why this is a Great Opportunity:
* A focus on industry-specific training that will ensure continued technical growth from Day 1
* Leading edge service coordination and automation
* Documented SOPs so that you don’t have to spend your time reinventing the wheel or figure out things should be done
* Competitive salary and benefits
Grapevine MSP Technology Services is a 2017 & 2018 INC 5000 Award Recipient and also ranked on MSPMentor Global 501 List of Top Managed IT Service Companies in the world.