Warehouse Supervisor (3PL Experience Required)
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible and accountable for the efficient daily operations of the Warehouse. To supervise warehouse operations including establishing operational procedures. In addition, preparing, monitoring, and maintaining all department operations such as: inventory control, time and resource management, training, safety, shift scheduling, job performance, employee motivation, disciplinary action, and proper disposal of materials.
Area Of Responsibility
- Organize and direct activities encompassing warehousing, transportation, and inventory control.
- Coordinate these activities to ensure efficient use of warehouse space, resources, and to improve the flow of materials throughout the facility.
- Provide daily direction of warehouse personnel to meet customer requirements and ensure safe, clean, and efficient operations of the warehouse.
- Identify resources in Warehouse area to assist internal and external customers meet requirements.
- Inventory control including material transfers, cycle count and stock status/reorder point activities.
- Support Cycle Count program to ensure accurate inventory counts.
- Develop programs to train and motivate personnel for increased effectiveness.
- On a daily basis, develops shipping and receiving work schedules and assignments to assure efficient operations. Make recommendations to the site Head on programs to improve warehouse operations.
- Process paperwork for the warehouse, including Standard Operating Procedures, Deviation Notices, and Discrepancy Statements.
- Direct the operations of the warehouse personnel to achieve prescribed goals. In collaboration with management, develops a productive staff by creating programs for hiring, training and professional development. Apply motivational techniques in supervising, counseling, and disciplining your team.
- Develop a daily plan for preventive maintenance and allocation equipment to jobs. Ensure that equipment is used in the most efficient manner.
- Work with other departmental management.
- Ensure that all records and reports regarding warehouse activity are prepared and maintained.
- Evaluate housekeeping and security levels daily. Review warehouse operations daily to ensure the warehouse is neat, and secure; and that damage to product, equipment and the facility is prevented.
- Ensure that all safety procedures are followed. Operators in compliance with GMP, FDA, OSHA and MSDS standards and company SOP's.
- Compliance with OSHA Standards (29 CFR 1910).
- Manage and coordinate all DEA related actives including security controls.
- Issue, maintain and track all DEA 222 forms.
- Follow all environmental, health and safety, regulatory requirements, equipment, and procedures, including any department specific requirements. Assist Supply Chain Manager in planning space use to meet prescribed standards.
- Ensure stock rotation. Help conduct cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Provide a level of delivery service that meets customer expectations.
- Must have a firm conceptual and practical understanding of supply chain operations, with emphasis on ERP Systems, Material Management, Bill of Materials, Inventory Controls and Product Flow.
- Must have focus on rapid and disciplined action.
- Must have respect for individuals and the diverse contributions of all.
OTHER or ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
•Perform other job-related duties as assigned at the discretion of management.
- Warehouse environment.
- The physical exertion of this position is medium to heavy work.
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Lift to 25-50 pounds.
- May be required repetitive/sustained stooping and bending frequently.
- Walk frequently.
- May work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet, and body.
- Will need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing and dispensing operation.
- Work around moving equipment and machinery in a warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- May work or be assigned to a different shift.
- Must be flexible in working 5 days a week, 10-hour days, with availability after hours, weekends, and holidays.
Experience & Education
- 5+ years of experience in shipping, receiving, and procurement.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging operations.
- 3PL experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABLITIES
- Warehousing controlled environment experience
- Must have a firm conceptual and practical understanding of supply chain operations, with emphasis on ERP Systems.
- Must be experienced in writing SOP's/work instructions
- Receiving and Shipping experience
- Inventory and cycle count experience
- Experienced warehouse trucks scheduling
- Forklift Certified
- Experienced using ESP systems
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Granules PharmaceuticalsManassas, VA
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Warehouse Supervisor (3PL Experience Required) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.