Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Plans and leads major work assignments.
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Directs the activities of more junior personnel or other staff as necessary.
- Analyzes accounting operations, trends, costs, budgetary resources, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future trends or to provide advice.
- Conducts financial management and accounting (FM&A) studies and evaluations, designs systems and procedures, and prepares reports, procedures, draft regulations, guidelines, briefings, and related documentation to assist in audit remediation for compliance with finance and accounting standards.
- Develops, analyzes, evaluates, advises on, and or improves the effectiveness of accounting controls, processes, information and documentation systems, and similar finance and accounting functions.
- Develops methods for problem solving, process change, and solutions implementation ensuring enterprise-wide integration.
- Identifies best practices, assesses performance measurement and researches, collects and verifies data and translates it into strategic and operational guidance.
- Guides and assists clients through a wide range of accounting improvement and modernization initiatives.
- Supports customer requirements for communication of organizational vision, mission, and strategy.
- Prepares background papers, briefings, and speeches; creates web and portal content; and performs similar organizational messaging activities.
- Supports customers in the development, implementation, and maintenance of strategy, doctrine, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff throughout the engagement lifecycle and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews.
- Assist partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management.
- Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work.
- Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Act as performance manager (coach) for up to four coachees outside of engagement responsibilities.
- Interview campus and/or experienced candidates.
- Secret Clearance required.
- 5 years shall consist of auditing financial statements of federal government agencies or preparing agencies for audit.
- Experience in Financial Data Analysis & Reconciliation, Financial Planning and Analysis, Financial Policies and Procedures Development.
- Bachelor's Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton's Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton's Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.