Jr. Financial Budget Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
· Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
· Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support.
· Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews.
- Create recommendations to be presented to management and executives.
· Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
· Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
· Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
· Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
· Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization.
· Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
· Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards.
· Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
· Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps.
· Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is mentioned in virtually any financial analyst job description; familiarity with data query/data management tools is extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
Skills and Qualifications
· 3 to 10 years of related analytical experience
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, statistics, economics, or business administration
· Expert-level analytical and financial modeling techniques
· Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
· Strong analytical and data gathering skills.
· Strong financial modeling experience
· Ability to influence and persuade.
· Knowledge of ERP systems and related technologies
· Good business acumen
· Proven work experience in a quantitatively heavy role
· Strong quantitative and analytical competency
· Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
· Advanced knowledge of Excel
· Must be proficient in PowerPoint and Access.
· Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
· Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently.
· Experience working with, and presenting to, senior executives.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive level management.
· Must have government experience.
· Must have worked with reconciling PRs.
· Must have experience with Prism.
· Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow.
· FMVA or similar designations preferred.
· Prior knowledge working with SQL is a plus.
· Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley
· Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA) a plus
Grant Leading Technology, LLCWhy Work Here?
Fast growing diverse and vibrant company.
Grant Leading Technology (GLT) is a verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) management and technology consulting firm. We provide expert knowledge, skills and capabilities to deliver agile enterprise solutions that align mission essential requirements with rapid, innovative, and cost-effective technologies. GLT is focused on quality delivery to enhance business performance and achieve client success. We specialize in effective strategies that deliver successful business results. We provide competitive benefits and compensation package.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Grant Leading Technology, LLC