Housekeeper / Room Attendant
Grant Hotel Group Chicago, IL
- Expired: July 31, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Room Attendant(2+ Years Exp ONLY)
The following is a job description for Room Attendant that aptly captures the major tasks, duties, and responsibilities of housekeeper with weekly pay.
- Ensure high quality cleaning service at public areas of hotel
- Service guest bedrooms by order of floor/section to the required standard
- Restock/replace items in rooms and bathrooms for guest use that have run out of stock or need replacement
- Make bed professionally following standard procedure
- Service bathrooms by washing and emptying bins; wash all glass surfaces and floors; clean shower, bath, basin, bidet, and toilet to the best quality standard
- Using the right cleaning chemicals, dust and polish all hard surfaces to achieve a quality sheen
- Vacuum bathrooms, bedrooms floors, corridors, stairs, and lifts to remove all debris; check the vacuum cleaner each week and if necessary change the dust bag
- Ensure service area is well stocked with necessary products and cleaned always
- Report issues such as equipment and light bulb damage promptly to supervisor or department manager for immediate action – ensure such reports are correctly logged
- Provide professional personal service, including shoe cleaning, ironing, and minor clothing repairs to guests
- May perform regular deep cleaning of all areas of hotel as instructed.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Hotel Room Attendant Role
If you are seeking the job of a room attendant in a hotel, here are major requirements most employers will expect you to meet to be offered an interview:
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with work place statutory requirements, including health and safety, fire prevention, hygiene, and handling of potentially harmful substances
- Ability to communicate effectively with hotel guests, i.e., to announce arrival at door and to clearly understand requests from guests
- Strong ability to use cleaning supplies, vacuum, safety equipment, and other equipment and materials used in carrying out housekeeping functions
- Physically fit, with the ability to move around work area effectively and efficiently and lift 50 pounds of supplies or more
- Ability to work effectively in a place of varying levels of noise
- 2 years work experience as a housekeeper or guest room attendant
- Ability to solve problem relating to guests, with strong customer service skills
- Strong self-starting personality and ability to display professional attitude and appearance always
Associates will be employed by Grant Hotel Group. We provide weekly pay to all associates. Only experience candidates will be contacted.
Related keywords: housekeeping, hotel, housekeeper, room attendant
Grant Hotel Group
HousekeepingView all jobs at Grant Hotel Group