**This position is located in Philipsburg, MT
SUMMARY OF WORK: Responsible for the overall supervision and management of care delivered to residents of the nursing home and patients of the hospital. Establishes, reviews, revises resident care plans to ensure appropriate, high quality, individualized care. Monitors resident/patient conditions, responds appropriately and in a timely manner to changes of condition. Maintains communication with resident/patient, family and responsible parties to ensure care being delivered is appropriate and meets the individualized needs of the resident/patient. Works collaboratively with the Medication Treatment Nurse to ensure patient safety at all times. Acts as first responder to Emergency Room.
Nature of Work: This position performs nursing and supervisory related tasks in an indoor environment during normal business hours of GCMC. Work is occasionally required beyond normal business hours to meet resident/patient needs. Information handled by this position is sensitive in nature and confidentiality is required.
Personal Contacts: Contact with the public occurs on a continuing basis through telephone and personal visits. Coordination with fellow staff on a regular basis is required for optimal delivery of patient/resident care services.
Supervision Received: Supervision is provided on a daily/weekly basis through face-to-face meetings, email, telephone and written memos.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Complete new resident/patient admissions in a timely manner, including required assessment, documentation and coordination of services with interdisciplinary personnel.
2. Ensure Physician Orders are written in a complete manner for all new admissions or transfers within the facility.
3. Work collaboratively with nursing assistants to complete resident skin checks, minimum of once weekly, in a timely manner.
4. Participate in weekly review teams as assigned.
5. Establish, monitor and revise resident/patient care plan as needed to ensure quality, safe and individualized resident/patient care.
6. Supervises nursing assistants to ensure individualized patient care is completed in a timely, gentle, respectful manner.
7. Monitor and update CNA flow-sheets as needed to be consistent with residents' needs and the resident care plan.
8. Make daily rounds as needed to assess and assure resident welfare, comfort, monitor for any change of condition.
9. Monitor for and process Physician orders in a timely manner consistent with facility protocols.
10. Work collaboratively with the Medication Treatment Nurse to ensure appropriate resident supervision in the dining room at all times. Ensure adequate numbers of staff are available to assist residents with dining.
11. Work collaboratively with the Medication Treatment Nurse and Nursing Assistants to assign breaks and meal periods so that there is a minimum of one nurse and two nursing assistants on the floor at all times.
12. Monitor weights recorded on resident weight record; review nutrition at risk tracking and dietary recommendations and implement appropriate follow-up.
13. Monitor daily bowel sheet, implement treatments as needed and appropriate according to facility protocols.
14. Participate in resident Care Conferences.
15. Conduct daily report in a timely and efficient manner to ensure appropriate and safe patient care.
16. Investigate complaints/concerns of residents and take appropriate action.
17. Ensure that universal precautions are used throughout the facility.
18. Accompany and assist physician on rounds.
19. Act as first responder to the Emergency Room.
20. Participate in orientation of newly hired personnel.
21. Maintain positive employee relations through regular, clear communication to staff informed of resident/patient condition or changes in policies or procedures affecting patient care or patient care areas.
22. Documents incidents that are observed or have been reported in a timely manner.
23. Assist DON with incident and other investigations as needed.
24. May assume responsibility of the nursing department in the absence of the DON.
25. Communicates observations/concerns regarding quality of care or patient/resident safety to Director or Nursing or Administrator.
26. Is an active participant in Quality Improvement initiatives.
27. Occasional on-call for nursing is required. On-call reimbursement as approved by GCMC.
Secondary Job Duties:
1. Participates in staff education in areas of expertise related to quality patient/resident care and safety.
2. Actively participates in staff meetings, provides suggestions for quality improvement, assists in implementation of solutions.
3. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
Meet all health requirements required by law. Excellent communication and supervisory skills. Excellent clinical skills and knowledge of nursing process. Ability to work well under pressure, establish priorities and adapt to change.
Experience/Knowledge/Education/Specialized Training Required:
1. Licensed Practical or Registered Nurse with current licensure and in good standing in the State of Montana. ACLS, and PALS required within 6 months of hire. TNCC certification preferred.
2. CPR-Trained within the past two years.
3. Minimum 1 year of nursing/direct patient care experience in a hospital or long term care setting.
Material/Equipment Directly Used:
Sphygmomanometer, stethoscope, ear thermometer, two-way radio, telephone pager, fax/copier/word processor/printer, medical supplies/equipment, IV equipment, suction equipment, oxygen administration equipment, internal feeding equipment, oximeter.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
1. Balance as required to maintain physical equilibrium to prevent falling of self, others, or of objects being carried.
2. Able to stand and sit for extended periods of time. Able to walk and use stairs.
3. Able to reach, stoop, kneel, push/pull, lift, and crouch. Have fine motor ability, adequate for manipulating small objects successfully.
4. Able to feel, hear, see, smell, and speak.
5. Will be exposed to inside and outside environmental conditions.
6. Ability to perform essential function of the jobs with or without reasonable accommodations.
7. Manual dexterity in order to operate relevant equipment.
8. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds using appropriate techniques.
9. Tasks and procedures performed are at high risk for blood borne pathogen exposure.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro