Plant Maintenance - On-Call
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SUMMARY OF WORK: This position is responsible for on-call coverage including preventative and response maintenance for the facilities operated by the Granite County Hospital District.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
1. Supports the mission of the Granite County Hospital District
2. Ensures that the Granite County Hospital District building, grounds and equipment are maintained in a clean and safe manner for resident/patient comfort and convenience.
3. Maintains a preventative maintenance program that will ensure that the building, grounds and equipment of the organization shall be maintained and serviced appropriately.
4. Establishes and maintains systems for regulatory compliance for health care facilities such as required fire drills, generator testing, boiler logs, etc...
5. Responds to requests in the staff maintenance log. Consults with department managers to ensure planned work schedules are adequate to meet patient an environmental service needs.
6. Monitors boiler performance and responds to alarms generated through the HVAC computer software system.
7. Wile performing maintenance duties, ensures that all patient's rights and dignity are respected at all times.
8. Demonstrates understanding of and utilizes proper body mechanics at all times while performing duties of the Maintenance Director.
9. Adheres to facility workplace safety policies.
10. Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with all staff, including Administration, Medical Staff and Department Managers, patients, patients families and business contacts.
11. Contributes to a positive atmosphere and a calm environment throughout the facility.
12. Reviews and revises departmental policies and procedures at least annually.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Experience/Knowledge/Education/Specialized Training Required:
A High School Diploma or GED, and 5 plus years experience in plant and facility maintenance. Must possess a valid Montana drivers license, Knowledge of fire/life safety codes is necessary. Must have the ability and/or training to troubleshoot and repair electrical and plumbing systems and hold a Low Pressure Boiler's license or ability to obtain same within probationary employment period Meet all health requirements required by law. Excellent communication, supervisory, and management skills. Ability to work well under pressure, establish priorities and adapt to change. Ability to work with elderly patients. A self-motivated, creative, and positive personality. Ability to work with staff, family members, and community. Possess patience, good organizational skills, assertiveness, and be a conscientious person. Present a professional appearance. Be available for training, including overnight out of town events. Be flexible in working hours so that weekend or evening events may be provided. Licensure to be able to operate the transportation van.
Material/Equipment Directly Used: Proficient in the use of Computer, telephone, fax, copier, scanner, printer. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Physical and Environmental Requirements: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Balance as required to maintain physical equilibrium to prevent falling of self, others, or of objects being carried.
2. Able to stand and sit for moderate periods of time. Able to walk and use stairs.
3. Able to reach, stoop. Have fine motor ability, adequate for manipulating small objects successfully.
4. Able to feel, hear, see, smell, and speak.
5. Will be exposed to inside and outside environmental conditions.
6. Ability to perform essential function of the jobs with or without reasonable accommodations.
7. Manual dexterity in order to operate relevant equipment.
8. Ability to lift up to 100 pounds using appropriate techniques.
9. Tasks and procedures performed are at low risk for blood borne pathogen exposure.
Nature of Work: This position performs physically demanding tasks associated with the operation of the Granite County Hospital District. Work is accomplished in both indoor and out door environments with exposure to all weather conditions/temperatures. Occasionally overtime is required in response to emergent situations requiring action for resident/staff safety. Information in this position is sensitive in nature and confidentiality is required per HIPPA regulations.
Personal Contacts: Personnel contacts are an integral part of the Maintenance Engineer position. Contact with the public occurs on a continuing basis through telephone and personal visits and require sensitivity to needs expressed. Coordination with fellow staff on a regular basis is required for optimal delivery of patient/resident care services.
Supervision Received: Supervision is provided on a weekly basis through face-to-face meetings, email, telephone and written memos.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Granite County Medical Center
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Granite County Medical Center