**Please note this position is located in Philipsburg, MT
Granite County Hospital District
Clinical Service Specialist
POSITION: Clinical Services Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Business Office is home department.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Business Services Supervisor, CFO, DON
SUMMARY OF WORK: The Clinical Services Specialist performs routine business office duties in accordance with established procedures and methods. Performs comprehensive chart reviews to determine compliance with billing rules and regulations. Abstracts pertinent data from medical record charts for uploading claims. Position requires cross training in other business office duties. Provides clinical support (i.e. nursing) for the Philipsburg Clinic one day per week.
Nature of Work: This position performs business office tasks in an indoor environment thirty two (32) hours per week, typically four days (4) per week. One day per week, clinic support will be provided to the Philipsburg Clinic. Information handled by this position is sensitive in nature and confidentiality is required.
Personal Contacts: Contact with the public occurs on a continuing basis through telephone and personal visits. Coordination with fellow staff on a regular basis is required for optimal delivery of patient/resident care services.
Supervision Received: Supervision is provided on a daily/weekly basis through face-to-face meetings, email, telephone and written memos.
Essential Job Duties:
- Working with the DON and the medical records clerk, performs chart review to maintain compliance with billing rules and regulations.
- Abstracts pertinent data from patient charts for uploading claims.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory and billing pharmacy chargemaster.
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of data required for uploading to outside coder/biller:
- Inpatient Hospital
- Outpatient Hospital
- Philipsburg Clinic
- Monitors reporting to assure timely submission of claims by contracted billers.
- Demonstrates understanding of and competency in the roles of the Hospital Receptionist.
7. Competency and licensure appropriate to cover the nursing duties in the Philipsburg
Clinic one day per week.
8. Other duties as assigned by the billing services supervisor, revenue cycle coorrdinator, or CFO.
Meet all health requirements required by law. Excellent customer service skills, excellent computer skills, ability to self-initiate, strong orientation to detail. Knowledge of work flow in a business environment. Ability to work well under pressure, establish priorities and adapt to change. Clinical competency and licensure required for serving as clinic nurse.
Experience/Knowledge/Education/Specialized Training Required:
- LPN or RN.
- Previous employment in a medical office environment preferred.
- Billing experience helpful.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of hospital charting
- Extensive knowledge of pharmaceuticals.
Material/Equipment Directly Used:
Telephone, fax/copier/word processor/printer, scanner.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Balance as required to maintain physical equilibrium to prevent falling of self, others, or of objects being carried.
- Able to stand and sit for moderate periods of time. Able to walk and use stairs.
- Able to reach, stoop. Have fine motor ability, adequate for manipulating small objects successfully.
- Able to feel, hear, see, smell, and speak.
- Will be exposed to inside environmental conditions.
- Ability to perform essential function of the jobs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Manual dexterity in order to operate relevant equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds using appropriate techniques.
- Tasks and procedures performed are at low risk for blood borne pathogen exposure.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro