- Posted: over a month ago
Granger Construction is a leader in the construction industry and strives to Advance the Art of Building. By employing the most innovative people, technologies and techniques, we deliver projects that exceed owner expectations in regards to all facets of exceptional customer service.
We are seeking a Project Manager for work at field sites located in Southeast Michigan. At Granger, our Project Managers have the ultimate responsibility and accountability to ensure the overall success of each project they manage. They oversee total construction efforts to deliver projects that meet or exceed company and client expectations.
The Project Manager is responsible for estimating, cost, schedule, quality, and close-out and commissioning.
- Estimating/Preconstruction Understand our client and all project requirements; develop and push a construction schedule; plan for coordination of MEP and BIM; coordinate with accounting, design, and estimating teams; manage bidding lists and subcontractor relationships.
- Cost and Expediting Write subcontracts and purchase orders; ensure job cost and expediting schedules are updated and accurate; monitor cost changes and report promptly; continually "think outside of the box" to provide key solutions and alternatives.
- Quality and Safety Ensure that Granger's quality standards are setting the industry's standard; maintain high safety level on the job site daily.
- Close Out and Commissioning Attain the "Zero punch list" goal; keep accurate records and maintain/update as-builts; prepare, deliver, and hand-off close out materials to owner prior to occupancy.
- Communication Demonstrate and maintain clear, effective communication; ensure appropriate documentation and timely action with RFI, submittal, and cost change processes; clearly communicate issues to owners/architects/partners; meet regularly with accounting to monitor job cost.
- Knowledge commensurate with what will be gained by completing a bachelors degree in building construction management, civil engineering or other engineering discipline.
- Minimum of five years of related experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills. Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to easily read and understand blueprints and specifications.
- Assertive, highly motivated, organized and a self-starting individual.
- Tenacity to accomplish tasks, follow-through and meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial focus and the ability to see the big picture while simultaneously focusing on details and timelines.
- Must be technologically savvy with the ability to easily pick up computer programs and technology.
- Professional demeanor
Granger Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes excellent health insurance, dental and vision coverage, an outstanding 401(k) plan, wellness incentives, continuing education, and professional development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Granger Construction maintains a drug and tobacco-free workplace.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?