Software Engineer 2
- $72,933 to $132,512 Yearly
Join us and make a difference! Grange Insurance Association has been providing insurance for families, farms, and businesses for 129 years! GIA is headquartered in Seattle and operates in six Western states. Our mission is to provide financial protection through quality products and outstanding service to give our customers peace of mind. Forbes named GIA as one of America’s Best Insurance Companies in 2023!
Start a fulfilling career with Grange and see why our average employee stays with us for over 10 years! We provide a cross-collaborative environment where everyone can contribute with their own knowledge and experience while learning new skills from others. Our team will provide the support and resources you need to grow your career.
Grange is seeking an experienced SQL developer to develop databases, applications and reports that support our core business operations. The Software Engineer 2 will expand and enhance our REST and WCF based web service, reporting and database infrastructure. We continue to build our service integrations with vendors, internal systems, and customer facing websites and need a skilled developer to implement the .NET and SQL components to make those successful.
What We Offer:
Pay Range $72,933 - $132,512 (Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location and relevant experience, education, certifications, and seniority as compared to others doing substantially similar work. There is no guarantee an offer will be at the top of the posted range based on the salary analysis).
As a benefits eligible Grange employee, you will be able to enroll in coverage under medical, dental, and vision plans for yourself and eligible family members. You will also receive employer sponsored benefits, including long-term disability, basic life insurance and AD&D, and the employee assistance program. Grange employees are eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan which includes a generous company match.
Other benefits offered by Grange include:
- Flexible hybrid work schedule – 2 days in Seattle office required
- Discretionary Profit Sharing and Bonuses
- Fully Subsidized ORCA Card
- Free Parking
- Education Reimbursement
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- On-Site Fitness Center
- Employee Assistance Program
- LifeBalance Program
- Dependent Scholarship Program
- Develop databases and program SQL to support policy, claims and billing processing as well as agent and customer facing websites
- Provide companywide departments with accurate reporting and analysis
- Reconcile statistical data for compliance audits and reporting
- Build applications to automate processes, send and receive data with state insurance departments and outside vendors
- Collaborate with our strong team of developers on design and implementation
- Estimate proposed work efforts
- Work with source controls systems like TFS
- Support testing and quality assurance
- Troubleshoot production errors
- Four-year college degree (preferably in a technical field) and a minimum of three years of experience with:
- Microsoft SQL Server and TSQL
- Reporting Services
- JSON and XML
- Knowledge and experience in all areas of the software development life cycle using Microsoft technologies
- Able to balance priorities and be proactive, accountable, and results driven
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a strong orientation to customer service
- Able to adopt a strategic, architectural view, and provide technical recommendations.
- C#/VB.NET and the .NET Framework/Core
- REST and WCF web services
- Analysis Services
- Power BI
- Microsoft Azure
- Property and Casualty Insurance
Grange Insurance Association provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Grange Insurance AssociationSeattle, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.