Director of Casualty Claims
Grange Insurance Association Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At GIA, every employee is an integral part of the company and everyone’s contribution to the company is critical. We have a great opportunity for someone who has a passion to develop and lead people as a Director of Casualty Claims supporting our claims organization. This critical role will be responsible for overseeing all claims activities related to 1st and 3rd party injury claims, as well as the long- term planning and process implementation needed to ensure an efficient and customer focused casualty claims operation consistent with departmental expectations and standards.
This opportunity will be based out of Seattle and will offer flexible hybrid work arrangements.
Think you have what it takes to be a collaborative, forward-thinking Grange team member? Below is a snapshot of what you’d be responsible for:
Responsible for the implementation and compliance of all casualty claim practices, procedures, goals and statutory requirements.
- Responsible for clearly articulating goals, objectives, and expectations to the casualty staff and to ensure these goals, objectives and expectations are met.
- Review, evaluate and create process and performance improvement plans from performance data.
- Lead staff in achieving goals and positive results, enhancing performance at all levels.
- Ensure that the timely and adequate reserving of all casualty claims is achieved in accordance with the companies reserving philosophy
- Confer and collaborate with management staff and leaders from both within and outside of the department to improve processes and solve issues.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
- Build strong relationships with agents during all interactions
- Supervise employees’ work to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures
- Provide employees with support and guidance in handling difficult or complex problems or and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide coaching for improved performance and making recommendation for personnel action when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Underwriting and all other departments to solve issues and foster interdepartmental relationships.
- Supervises a staff of Casualty Claims Managers and others
Experience we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university with emphasis towards management degree or ten plus years successful Property & Casualty claim supervisory/management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of legal liability, general insurance policy coverage interpretation, and state’s tort laws.
- Strong skills in litigation, and litigation management
- Strong skills in injury evaluation and negotiation
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Strong managerial, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Strong team building skills.
- Ability to build and maintain “Best in Class” employee engagement.
- Ability to utilize and understand industry supported tools such as PILR, FC&S, and ISO products.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret business contracts, medical reports and records, general periodicals, documents, professional journals, technical journals and statutory compliance regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information to management, regional staff, insured’s, claimants and other customers as needed in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and general procedure issues with ability to respond to inquiries, complaints or general questions from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- CPCU, AINS, Farm Claims and Commercial Claims experience (preferred)
Grange Insurance Association
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Grange Insurance Association