Sales/ Business Development Manager (Italian Cheeses for Operators)
- Posted: 16 days ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
With Growth Comes Opportunity!
Grande Cheese Company is looking to add a lover of cheese to our Sales team to service the San Francisco / Oakland market. If you are looking for a great start for 2023, look no further. Note this role is not a remote role and most of the working hours will be dictated by Pizzeria & Deli hours as you meet with key players of those businesses in the San Fransico area.
Frontline Sales Associate building trust and business relationships with Operators enabling the execution to deliver volume and shop growth in alignment with the Strategic plan. Provide business value to independent pizzerias and Italian restaurants by demonstrating product expertise, superior restaurant management and local market knowledge combined with industry insights. Develop business relationships with Distributor Sales Representatives (DSRs) to improve focus on Grande products with operators. Lead the joint planning process with Operators.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Business Performance Achievement
- Develop and execute tactics of the Business Unit Strategic Plan for assigned territory.
- Deliver annual volume, net shop growth and other Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) established for all business strategies.
- Tailor tactics to address local market opportunities.
- Develop and execute plans to address market opportunities and gaps to plan.
- Grow Core Segment business as directed by the Foodservice Business Unit Charter.
- Represent Grande as an advocate of the independent Italian operator and quick service Italian restaurant, ensuring all decisions and actions put the operators’ success first.
- Build business relationships with key operators and distributors' sales representatives. Leverage insights to teach operators about business opportunities.
- Generate results-based weekly and monthly activity plans for developing business results with customers and distributors.
- Review market analysis & insight to determine customer needs, sales potential and sales strategies to meet growth goals.
- Develop and deliver regional expense budget performance and provide analysis of spending variances versus plan.
2. Operator Account Management
- Demonstrate comprehensive insight-based product, industry and small business knowledge and continually educate operators on the differences and value of Grande cheeses compared to other Italian cheeses.
- Execute Sales Service Strategy contact strategy and messaging.
- Develop Joint Business Planning / Business meeting agendas with Core segment operators.
- Develop and execute local plans to grow net shop growth and site-specific shop growth.
- Increase customer use of Grande value-added products and solutions.
- Increase retention and Acquisition by demonstrating the Grande value package.
- Ensure account management within Grande contact strategies to maintain relationships and support the health and growth of their business.
- Maintain and utilize account information to analyze market results and develop on-going market management plan.
3. Additional Responsibilities
- Develop and execute comprehensive work plans that optimize market opportunities.
- Maintain complete and accurate customer profiles, product usage and contact information within Grande’s CRM system.
- Work with Region Manager and Food Show Coordinator to plan and implement yearly distributor show schedule.
- Participate in national trade shows when necessary.
- Provide and complete all administrative duties within a professional format and within the period given.
- Travel regularly within territory to customers and meetings.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Degree in Business or other related field required.
- An equivalent level of education and experience may be considered.
- Five (5) or more years related sales experience and/or training required, preferably in the food industry.
- Culinary and/or restaurant management experience a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong restaurant / small business acumen
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to use mathematical concepts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, CRM and Tableau a plus
Join our Family and receive a comprehensive benefits package, generous PTO available on day one, weekends free, overtime available, access to our Health and Fitness Centers, opportunities to develop your career and more!
Grande Cheese Company
AddressSan Francisco, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Grande Cheese Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?