Apartment Assistant Maintenance Supervisor - Grand Estates at Kessler Park
- Posted: over a month ago
At Grand Peaks we do not just build and manage apartment communities, we create community for all team members and residents alike. Do you want to work for a great fast-growing owner/management company? Then look no further! Grand Peaks is looking to hire an Assistant Maintenance Supervisor for our 338-unit flagship community located close to the Bishop Arts District and Uptown Dallas. We offer monthly commissions and the best benefit & PTO package around!
The primary job responsibility of the Assistant Maintenance Supervisor is to maintain the physical integrity of the community, maintain a safe environment, cultivate high resident satisfaction, and assist in supervising all aspects of maintenance in the community.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate the condition of all systems such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing and mechanical and restore these systems to market-ready status.
- Perform a wide variety of building maintenance and mechanical work including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, interior and exterior painting, masonry, drywall repair, small appliance repair, minor equipment repair and troubleshooting; floor cover cleaning (shampooing, buffing, stripping waxing, etc.).
- Timely and efficient completion of resident service requests with high service standards.
- Assure light bulbs are replaced throughout the community as necessary.
- Maintain system for timely and efficient handling of resident service requests.
- Responsible for coordinating the installation, maintenance and repair work in the various buildings and grounds.
- Regular inspection of community, execute work as necessary and assign staff to various projects and work orders. Responsible for completing make readies.
- Ensure that the community maintains an exceptional curb appeal by keeping the community grounds and buildings clean and properly maintained.
- Represent Grand Peaks in a professional manner when working with residents, vendors and staff.
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate exemplary principles of customer service and teamwork.
- Maintain a safe, tidy and sanitary clubhouse, office, model, hallways and all other common areas.
- Ensure the best possible appearance of each apartment prior to new resident move-in.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies, according to policies and procedures.
- Contribute to resident satisfaction by ensuring that resident's expectations are met or exceeded.
- Maintain inventory of parts & supplies. Ensure 24-hour emergency maintenance coverage.
- Maintain accessible, accurate records pertaining to: service requests; preventative maintenance; safety systems; repair/replacement of major equipment; utility cutoffs, sewer clean-outs.
- Conduct move-out inspections within 24-hours and return signed to management within four days.
- Move/repair appliances, equipment, furniture as needed.
- Maintain order and cleanliness in maintenance and storage areas; keep all areas locked and secured.
- Comply with all state/local laws and follow the company's policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and guidelines including compliance with OSHA/Fair Housing requirements.
- Maintain community budget.
- Wear required uniform and maintain an appropriate appearance.
- Assist other employees in any apartment management functions.
- Meet ongoing assigned training requirements within Grand Peaks University.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years' maintenance experience in the multifamily industry.
- Minimum 1 - 2 years' supervisory experience.
- Refrigeration certification (type 2 or universal)
- Valid driver's license (free from major moving violations) and dependable transportation
- CPO certification (if required in the state and location applied)
- Must be reliable and have an eye for detail.
- Must share 24-hour on call on a rotation basis with maintenance team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment safely.
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation, good driving record, current insurance.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, including flexible spending accounts
- Life, accidental death and dismemberment, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance available
- Employee Assistant Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (pre-tax and Roth) options available
- 18 days per year of PTO, total increases with years of service
- Housing discount available at any one of our properties
- 8 paid holidays annually
- Tuition Reimbursement for continuing education
Grand Peaks Property
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?