CNA/Caregiver Positions Available - On Call
- Medical , Retirement
- Per Diem
Entity: Masonic Homes of California Payroll Type: Non-Exempt
Department: Administration Supervisory: No
Reports To: Administrator Work Status: Per Diem
The pay range for this position is $17.00 - $22.00/hr.
Location of Job: Covina
The Masonic Homes of California are committed to a culture of Leadership. Our culture is to provide superior service to members, residents, and staff through a sound and progressive model of service and care which aligns our mission, vision and operations. We demonstrate excellence in core services and place value on high quality job performance, professional development, effective time management, budget management, workplace safety and resident/employee satisfaction. We are dedicated to disciplined innovation and continuous quality improvement. We are a learning company. We are committed to sharing our knowledge and being an organization that attracts the best and brightest talent. We are team-oriented, caring and honest.
This position provides adult residents with assistance in their daily living. Certified Nurse’s Assistants lend support to the Licensed Vocational Nurses in the medical necessities of all adult residents.
- Assist residents with cleanliness, grooming, and nourishment needs. Wash Assisted Living residents’ laundry as required. Schedule beauty parlor/barber appointments for residents in Assisted Living.
- Monitor resident’s condition and report changes in attitude, appearance, behavior and/or physical ability to the on-duty Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Record pertinent information regarding residents and specific assignments. Record residents’ weight and blood pressure monthly.
- Maintain all required medical records in accordance with established Social Services regulations.
- Assure the cleanliness and availability of equipment and supplies.
- Report and/or requisition equipment and supply needs (including dining room supplies) to the on-duty Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN).
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information to assure their rights are protected.
- Provide charge nurse coming on duty with concise and accurate reports. Follow up on information and instructions given by charge nurse who is going off duty.
- Recognize and respect the individual emotional, social, religious and cultural needs of all residents.
- Ensure those residents' rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights including the right to wage a complaint, are well established and maintained at all times. Preserve the dignity and self-respect of the residents at all times.
- Attend scheduled staff, resident care and in-service training meetings. Assure that all required and pertinent information is complete and available.
- Answer phones and monitor campus access gate.
- Prepare and distribute medication for resident self-administration as needed according to physician orders (Med Tech).
- Remind resident of appointment through a written note or telephone call.
- Transport residents to medical appointments as required.
- Review doctors’ orders and statements to assure their requests are being followed.
- Assist other personnel in heavy lifting using proper technique and equipment.
- Monitor residents during meals and assist in serving meals.
- Assist LVNs with Matrix data entry as requested by LVNs as needed.
- Assist residents with their recreational activities needs as required.
- Help maintain the Nurse’s Station by emptying the trash, vacuuming and cleaning the microwave/refrigerator.
- Assist residents with apartment cleanliness on weekends as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Automobile, computer, keyboard, copier, fax, telephone, pager, two-way radio, blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, thermometer, bandage tape
- Cna's must have a valid California Certified Nursing Assistant's Card. Willing to train caregivers.
- Must attend a minimum of twenty-four (24) hours of educational in-service annually.
- Maintain current CPR and First Aid Certification.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience, knowledge and training in congregate living of health care environment providing services to the elderly required. Memory care experience a plus.
- Computer word processing and database knowledge required.
- Typing and keyboard skills required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills required.
- Possess and maintain a valid, non-restricted California Driver's License.
At the Masonic Homes you will have the opportunity to combine your passion for helping people and high ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills and passion, we offer:
- A work environment focused on teamwork and support for excellent care
- Excellent health, wage replacement and other benefits for you and your family’s well-being
- A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you participate, and an additional contribution from the company when you participate in the plan
- Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement
Grand Lodge, Masonic Homes & Acacia CreekCovina, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.