The Life Enrichment Assistant is responsible for enhancing the overall Resident experience through the provision of exceptional implementation of the Facets program, providing the residents opportunities for participation in all facets of community life. This multi-generational approach to daily life for our residents encompasses a rich variety of activities, life enrichment and holistic wellness. This is to be handled in The Sterling Touch friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner, resulting in a very high level of Resident satisfaction. This position is under the general guidance of the Director of Facets, in accordance with Community standards, processes, procedures, practices and philosophy.
- Participate in Start Sterling! line up every shift.
- Greet the Residents, guests, fellow employees and vendors in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Assist with leading various offerings of the complete Facets program as assigned, to ensure dynamic, creative and exciting opportunities for the residents.
- Support the promotion of ongoing participation of assorted offerings including but not limited to distribution of monthly calendars, and personal ongoing interactions with residents.
- Assist with the coordination of the transportation of residents to and from events outside of the community, which may include driving a community motor vehicle.
- Prepare personalized notes and periodic reports to director to document well-being plans for each resident and changes in condition.
- Support the Director of Facets in the recruiting and training of groups of volunteers for assistance in various Facets programs.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant degree highly preferred.
- One or more years' experience in planning, coordinating, or leading activities and events, preferred.
- Musical abilities (playing piano, violin, etc.), preferred
- Experience with memory care: Alzheimers and/or dementia, highly preferred.
- Monday - Thursday; 9:30 AM to 7:30 PM orMonday - Friday; 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM, however flexible.