Director of Health and Wellness
Grand Living Georgetown, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come be a part of our Grand Opening Team at Grand Living at Georgetown!
Position planned to start May, 2021. Community Grand Opening planned for July, 2021.
As Director of Health and Wellness, you will be responsible for enhancing the overall Resident experience through the provision of comprehensive leadership to the Health and Wellness department to provide exceptional assisted living and Luminations memory care services to the residents and their families. This is to be handled in The Sterling Touch friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner, resulting in a very high level of Resident satisfaction. You will work closely with the Executive Director, Executive Chef, FacetsDirector, and all other Grand Living service departments to create a culture of well-being across all facets of the residents' lives in keeping with the global Facets philosophy. This position is under the general guidance of the Executive Director in accordance with Community standards, processes, procedures, practices and philosophy.
- Participate in Start Sterling! line up every day.
- Greet the Residents, guests, fellow employees and vendors in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Coordinate, manage and supervise all nursing and assisted living/memory care aide services rendered to residents by direct service staff under supervision.
- Assessment and admission of residents for service; development of the personalized service care plan utilizing electronic records, and related service plan schedules for assisted living care services. Update of assessments as often as necessary based on resident's personalized needs and changes in condition, and in accordance with specific state requirements.
- Providing nursing services including medication administration and delegation of supervision of self-administered medications in accordance with State regulations, and provision of care and services to residents whose conditions are allowed to be cared for within an assisted living per State regulations.
- Participate in or develop all agency objectives, standards of care, policies and procedures concerning nursing services and the provision of assistance with activities of daily living.
- Ensure the evaluation and clinical competence of assigned nursing personnel, assisted living aides, and medication aides (as allowed by State regulations) by participation in orientation, teaching and supervision of staff.
- Review and analyze monthly reports regarding statistical data including the volume of resident's services provided, the number of related hours staff worked, and the revenue generated Participate in direct service staff recruitment, selection, orientation and in-service education.
- Responsible for ensuring that staffing is adequate at all times to meet resident personalized service plans and needs from such services.
- Provide weekly reports to the Executive Director as requested and in accordance with Company policy.
- Responsible for input on annual budget needs, and achievement of the budget for the nursing department throughout the year.
- Facilitates Quality Assurance meetings at least every 120 days.
- Responsible for ensuring medical supplies are ordered and available in adequate quantity for the nursing department.
- Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for:
- Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security.
- Confidentiality of all data, including resident, employee and operations data.
- Quality Assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the supportive functions, including but not limited to Manager on Duty up to one time/ month, community tours and marketing outreach event attendance, and other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC POSITION KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, crouch, bend, stoop, reach, grasp, push, pull and work continuously without sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift or carry, push or pull up to 40 pounds.
- Employees are required to work a flexible schedule which includes, rotating weekend and holiday shifts.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, required.
- Five or more years of nursing experience in a health care setting; preferably in senior living.
- Two or more years with hiring and supervisory duties over a workforce comprised of a large percentage of Certified Nursing Assistants and Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Experience with Assessments, Admissions, and developing Care Plans, highly preferred.
- Computer skills and experience in an electronic health record environment, preferred.