Director of Environmental Services
Grand Living Georgetown, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Grand Living is growing; come play an integral role in opening one of our new communities!
Grand Opening planned for August 2021. Positing planned to start July 2021.
As a Director of Environmental Services, you will be responsible for enhancing the overall Resident experience through the provision of exceptional cleanliness for housekeeping services to Resident apartments. This is to be handled in The Sterling Touch friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner, resulting in a very high level of Resident satisfaction. Position is under the general guidance of the Executive Director in accordance with Community's standards, processes, procedures and practices.
- Participate in Start Sterling! each day.
- Greet the Residents, guests and employees in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all Resident requests.
- Supervise housekeeping staff by developing schedule for front of the house cleaning, back of the house cleaning and resident apartments.
- Establish and maintain high cleanliness and sanitation standards in all apartments, public areas and heart of the house work areas.
- Clean bathroom floors, tub, shower stalls, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters and floor surfaces.
- Change bed linen and remake bed.
- Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
- Vacuum throughout each room in the apartment and empty trash.
- Replenish linens and supplies in apartment to Resident's requirements.
- Keep linen & supply closets and service landings secure.
- Practice chemical safety rules and follows procedures for needles and other hazardous materials.
- Retrieve, stock and transport all supplies needed for each assigned apartments.
- Visually inspect apartment for cleanliness and appearance and report completion according to established process.
- Due to resident expectations and planned/unplanned events/occurrences, employees may be required to work varying schedules which reflect the business and service needs of the Community.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, such as, but not limited to: timely response to Resident requests for one time services, assisting Housekeeping and or House Attendant, commitment to a safe working environment by reporting suspicious activities or hazardous conditions etc. The percentage of time performing each function will be solely determined by the Executive Director based upon the particular requirements of the Community.
- Employees are required to work a flexible schedule which includes, rotating weekend and holiday shifts.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D., required.
- Higher Level degree, highly preferred.
- Two or more years of experience managing housekeeping teams, required.
- Four or more years of housekeeping experience, required.
- Experience with cleaning equipment, tools and chemicals, required.
- Experience creating staff schedules, preferred.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Grand Living