- $33 to $43 Hourly
What You Can Expect:
Our Respiratory Therapists love Grand Itasca for the stability, meaningful work and great team. If you are looking for professional growth and development with hands on experience caring for a diverse patient population, Grand Itasca is where you belong!
We're glad you are thinking about joining us
Grand Itasca is a great place for Respiratory Therapists. We're a non-profit organization with a clear vision of being the leader in transforming rural health care by achieving the highest levels of quality, access, and value. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals. With over 700 employees in hundreds of different roles, Grand Itasca can offer a variety of career opportunities.
Let's talk about benefits
- Competitive pay
- 12-hour Shifts
- Experience Pay Given
- Shift Differential
- 12-hour day/night rotations
About the Position
- Respiratory Therapist
- Casual (as-needed basis)
- 12-hour shifts, Days, Nights
- Respiratory Therapy
The respiratory therapist is responsible for providing and maintaining administration of respiratory therapy procedures. Review all therapy orders, see all patients receiving respiratory care and assure the administration of quality care for all patients. They play an active role in the training/consulting of the nursing staff and shall accept special projects, as assigned. Responds to all emergency situations and shall be a resource for all medical/nursing staff.
Here's what you'll do when you join us:
- Perform and monitor all respiratory therapy procedures as ordered by the physicians.
- Assess patient conditions and communicate those conditions with the physician.
- Accurately document therapy and its effects in the patient's medical record.
- Respond to all "Code Blue" calls.
- Maintain patient airways and ventilation.
- Set up and monitor all ventilator/BiPAP patients and communicate with medical/nursing staff in regard to the patient's care.
- Perform Pulmonary Function Testing as ordered by the physician.
- Administer pulmonary consults to all patients.
- Assists with patient education, staff education, and special projects.
If you have these qualifications, we'd love to chat:
1. Certified by the National Board of Respiratory Care; graduates will become registered within twelve months of employment.
2. Current BLS certification.
3. Interacts well with others; good communication skills.
4. Current license by the State of Minnesota as an RT.
5. ACLS, PALS, NRP certified within three months of employment.
6. Demonstrated ability to follow and adhere to Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital policies, vision, mission and values.
7. Maintains reliable and consistent attendance.
About Grand Itasca:
Grand Itasca brings the benefits of a large and respected health system to our local community. We are a non-profit, state-of-the-art, integrated clinic and hospital that is proud to offer a range of high-quality providers, specialties and services to our community. Enjoy our patient-centered, comprehensive approach, close to home without venturing from the beauty of northern Minnesota.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Grand ItascaGrand Rapids, MN
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.