Registered Nurse - Critical Care ER - .6 - .75 FTE D/N
Grand Itasca Grand Rapids, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital, a part of Fairview Health Services, is currently seeking a dedicated ER Registered Nurse to join our team! A long-tenured management team that takes a personal interest in every employee is one of the many advantages you'll find here at Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital.
POSITION: Emergency Department Registered Nurse
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time .6-.75 (48-60 hours per pay period)
WORK SCHEDULE: Days, Nights
DEPARTMENT: Critical Care Services - Emergency Department
Internal posting until 12/29/2020
JOIN OUR TEAM:
Nestled in the heart of the Northland, Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital is the dominant provider of primary care services in the local and surrounding area to include roughly 50,000 people. We're a non-profit organization with a clear vision of being the leader in transforming rural health care by achieving the highest levels of quality, access, and value. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals. With over 600 employees in hundreds of different roles, Grand Itasca can offer a variety of career opportunities.
A clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who has demonstrated expertise in critical care. Effectively delivers critical care to patients through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation. This position is responsible to provide timely, accurate and professional nursing care to patients and families in the department.
1. Demonstrated abilities to manage large volumes of multiple patient, family, staff and physicians priorities within short time frames and organize workload; includes critical thinking, delegation skills and respectful communication.
2. Provides quality care to all patients and ensures patient safety throughout the continuum of patient care, advocates for the patient respecting advanced directives and patient decisions.
3. Completes admission assessment according to unit policy, utilizing past medical history, therapeutic communication and physical assessment. Utilizes critical thinking and analysis.
4. Identifies accurately nursing diagnosis/collaborative problems to determine appropriate interventions within the framework of accepted standards of care.
5. Assesses the individual needs of the adult, geriatric, adolescent and pediatric patients and developing appropriate plans of care
6. Maintains accurate, objective patient records.
7. Ensures efficiency and accuracy of orders.
8. Assumes patient care responsibilities by organizing workload effectively and remaining flexible to environmental changes.
9. Utilizes the department equipment correctly and efficiently; demonstrates knowledge of special preparations or equipment needed for department specific procedures.
10. Nursing skills/competencies include but are not limited to: IV access, ECG interpretation, hemodynamic monitoring and interpretation, airway management, pain management, neurological assessment, fluid management, infection control measures, respiratory management and sedation/analgesia assessment and monitoring.
11. Communicates professionally and collaborates effectively with patients, families, co-workers, health care team members and ancillary departments to ensure patient centered coordination of care.
12. Ensures plan of care is consistent with nursing standards and hospital policy and procedures.
13. Participation in performance improvement activities.
14. Maintains knowledge of The Joint Commission standards and incorporates the standards into the practice of Critical Care nursing.
15. Collaborates with and delegates to ancillary/professional staff as appropriate; assures adherence to their scopes of practice, considering licensure and/or certification.
16. Participates in professional growth and self-development activities to ensure accountability for own professional nursing practice.
17. Participates in staff meetings, committees and projects; actively contributes to the Critical Care Services quality and development.
18. Must be willing to be cross-trained to ICU and to be scheduled there to maintain competency.
1. Registered with the Minnesota Board of Nursing. BSN preferred
2. Equivalent of one (1) year Critical Care experience within the past five years.
a. ECG recognition/interpretation within 6 months of employment.
b. Emergency Department experience preferred
c. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred.
3. Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications required and maintain certification.
4. Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) certification or attain certification within six months of employment and maintains certification.
5. Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) or Comprehensive Advance Life Support (CALS) certification or attain certification within 12 months of employment and maintains certification.
6. Demonstrated ability to follow and adhere to Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital policies, vision, mission and values.
7. Maintains reliable and consistent attendance.
- If no candidates meet the above requirements, consideration will be given to those with a minimum of two (2) years current Medical/Surgical experience.
"We are an equal opportunity employer."
Job Posted by ApplicantPro