Contract Specialist (Active Secret Clearance)
- $100,000 to $130,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Administrative Acquisition Specialist – (Contract Specialist - Pre-award Activities)
The Office of the Deputy under Secretary of the Air Force, Management and Deputy Chief Management Office (SAF/MG). SAF/MG is responsible for the overall supervision of matters pertaining to the Air Force management of business operations. This oversight includes management and advocacy of programs designed to improve management and execution processes across the enterprise. Additionally, SAF/MGM is responsible for advising, assisting, facilitating, and supporting the Under Secretary of the Air Force, the Chiefs of Staff of the Air and Space Forces and all principal civilian and military officials of the Department of the Air Force concerning HAF Services Contract Governance (Contract Court), and HAF Services Acquisitions Governance. This directorate performs Contract Officer Representative (COR) duties for all SAF/MG managed contract services. Services and deliverables shall include management and professional services.
As an Administrative Acquisition Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting the United States Air Force on site. In this capacity, you will be responsible for providing administrative functions to support administrative duties that are required to accomplish the appropriate acquisition management and oversight responsibilities. Activities include performing administrative support functions to assist Air Force Program Managers or Contracting Specialists in the administrative efforts of the (1) requirements planning phase, (2) requirement package development, (3) produce reports and data, and (4) develop and maintain business rules. Must be familiar with military customs and courtesies, have strong oral and written communication skills, and have an understanding of the government process in order to aid in business/mission transformation in order to organize, train, and equip responsibilities more effective for our warfighter through the development and adoption of more efficient business/mission practices and performance measures. This position is located in Suitland, MD. This position requires approximately 0% travel. An active Secret Security Clearance is a must for this position.
SAF/MGM, HAF Services Division requires a motivated subject matter expert (SME) to support the organization’s mission, vision, and associated goals and objectives by performing acquisition administrative functions. These Functions include acquisition support services to support the MGM HAF Services team at the Pentagon directly supporting SecAF, USecAF, and other key officials. Candidate must possess a minimum of six (6) years of experience and a Secret security clearance. Duties include the following.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of administrative management tools, templates, training and program governance and reporting. The support shall include, but is not limited to, assisting in preparing agenda topics; planning, scheduling and coordinating meetings; preparing and distributing minutes; and recording and reporting closure of key initiatives.
• Ensure all administrative support efforts are consistent with the governance principles and framework, government statutes, policies, regulations and related guidance. All work shall be performed in coordination and collaboration with the relevant stakeholders.
• Support Air Staff 2-Letter organizations (e.g. AF/A1) and Secretariat Offices (e.g. SAF/AA) including other units in the NCR (e.g. HQ AFOSI).All actions shall be in accordance with (IAW) law, regulation (e.g. FAR, DFARS, AF FAR Supplement (AFFARS)), applicable instruction (e.g. DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5000.72, Air Force Instruction (AFI) 63-138), and/or local policy.
• Requirements Planning Phase. Provide administrative assistance to the organization by providing support in developing and documenting various types of requirements and other information in support of the Mission Partner’s acquisition(s).
• Establish working relationships with stakeholders essential to effective project planning and execution; provide continuous accountability and scheduling coordination with each agency during the project for effective meetings to identify, communicate and resolve any potential problems.
• Develop, review, and account for the applicable documentation required to execute the acquisition project.
• Provides feedback to customers and keeps abreast of changing environments and potential shifts in emphasis or other program changes.
• Serve as a administrative advisor to management, program mangers/officials, contracting officers and other personnel on matters pertaining to improving efficiencies and effectiveness of processes and achieving successful acquisition strategies.
• Liaison with applicable requirement stakeholders (e.g. SAF/AQ, Mission Partners, Finance, Contracting) to maintain accurate forecast and accountability of upcoming requirements.
• Participate in meetings pertinent to the planning of assigned requirement(s)
• Requirement Package Development. A package is synonymous to “Procurement Request package” or “initial package”. The contractor shall:
• Staff & Administer Documents. Prepare and develop correspondence, reports, memorandums, presentations, ready- to-send (RTS) emails, and other forms of communication for distribution across the organization.
• Participate as Multi-Functional Team (MFT) member on each assigned requirement. Employing a collaborative and iterative methodology for providing the necessary administrative support in developing deliverables and problem solving to support the Customer’s goal of achieving a consistent and comprehensive strategy. Participate and provide administrative support in other meetings pertinent to the development of assigned requirement(s)
• Successful management of acquisitions and requirements through the organization’s management tool or management system. Manage, Schedule, training, assign, report, and track (e.g. Dashboards, Integrated Master Schedules, Calendar Invites, etc.) the organization’s acquisition packages using the applicable organizational operating instructions, training and instructions.
• Utilize administrative acquisition support knowledge and experience to liaison between the organization and Mission Partner and provide assistance, guidance, and support with the timely submission of requirement packages.
• Review and track requirements utilizing the Air Force Service Management Tool (SMT) and applicable Portfolio dashboards and databases (currently Microsoft (MS) Excel, Access and SharePoint).
• Develop and maintain requirement package templates.
• Produce Acquisition Reports & Acquisition Data. Provide applicable acquisition reports with advising on acquisition data to analyze: timelines, performance, statistics, workload balancing, trend analysis, and forecasting.
• Present findings or translate the acquisition data into useable formats by applying critical thinking. Findings will become part of government dashboard/briefings to support compliance findings, inspections, leadership decision making, and customer expectation management.
• Maintain and collect acquisition data using different tools and statistical techniques such as MS SQL queries from various databases, such as but not limited to MS Excel, MS Access, SharePoint and data management systems in order to provide accurate and reliable administrative reports (e.g. Requirements, Forecasting and Planning reports, Procurement Acquisition Lead Time (PALT) report, Dashboards).
• Advise and assist in establishing useful acquisition data collections from existing systems. Apply sound strategies for obtaining quality acquisition data from different sources, integrating and developing actionable information. Prepare applicable acquisition reports and acquisition briefs on an as needed basis.
• Develop & Maintain Business Rules. The contractor shall assist the organization in administrative actions required to develop and maintain the business rules with improving acquisition tradecraft, processes and standardized in the acquisition process.
• Assist with the administrative duties with maintaining acquisition process and recommend goals to improve acquisition tradecraft to include streamlining process, lead times, on-time award rates, achieve quality requirements documentation, improve performance and drive efficiencies for acquisitions.
• Assist with the administrative duties with maintaining various acquisition documents such as but not limited to policy, standard operating procedures, governance, and templates.
• Assist in the administrative duties with business rules, slides and recommend standardized (e.g. SMART START, ESIS, ASP, Contract Court, Annual Execution Review)
• Must have at least 24 Business credits or at least six (6) years of acquisition experience in DoD or Federal Government and have a FAC-C or DAWIA Level I certification in Contracting, Contracting Officer Representative, Purchasing or Program Management
• History working with Air Force entities is preferred
• An Active DOD Secret Security Clearance is a must for this position
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
• Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• ATC offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
• ATC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Working at ATC
Working at ATC means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ATC employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual
Grand Ground Enterprise LLCSuitland, MD
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.