General Maintenance Crew Member
Grand Canyon University Phoenix, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a General Maintenance Worker who under general supervision performs preventive, routine and small-effort general maintenance in the designated facilities. The position is typically is assigned to provide services to a specific building but may provide assistance to University housing buildings as well.
Schedule: Monday- Friday 7am - 4pm
- Provides a high level of customer service to students and/or faculty and staff.
- Assists in processing and responding to maintenance requests for assigned building in a timely manner, escalates requests as necessary to the appropriate maintenance specialization such as electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.
- Repairs or replaces plumbing fixtures, light fixtures and switches, ballasts, doors and related hardware, windows and screens, window coverings, trim, floor coverings including tile, hardwood, laminate or carpeting, furnishings and other fixtures as necessary.
- Repairs parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials and concrete.
- Patches, paints and/or finishes various types of hard surfaces.
- Assesses any damages to building, furnishings and/or rooms and identifies type of repair work needed.
- Responds to emergency needs and requests within designated time frames.
- Maintains logs and records as requested.
- Observes safety and security procedures and determines the appropriate action beyond guidelines and reports unsafe conditions to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some trade school/training is preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in general maintenance, building maintenance, renovation or construction.
- Knowledge of carpentry, electrical, HVAC, painting/plastering, drywall repair, plumbing and general maintenance.
- Willing to respond to emergency requests outside of normal work hours.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays or extended hours as needed.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU now serves as a leading non-profit institute where students thrive academically, personally and spiritually on the university’s vibrant campus with state-of-the-art facilities and online through its innovative digital platform. With a $1 billion investment, GCU has been able to build new technology infrastructure, offer in-demand STEM programs, expand academic offerings and more, while committing to its mission based on a Christian worldview.
Exciting Growth & Expansion
GCU is experiencing an era of transformation and rapid growth that’s exciting not only for our students and local community, but for our faculty and employees too! Our vibrant campus in the heart of Phoenix continues to grow with new classroom buildings, amenities and state-of-the-art facilities like GCU Stadium and Brazell Field at GCU Ballpark for game days like no other. We continue to expand our catalog of online and campus offerings in high-demand fields, impact the community with our GCU enterprises and focus on our commitment to service by revitalizing the community.
Thriving Work Environment
We welcome new talent to explore rewarding opportunities and the chance to be a part of something great. Here, you’ll join a fast-paced culture that values our Christian principles and work among teams enthusiastic about making a difference. You’ll be surrounded by colleagues who share your drive, push to raise the bar and exceed expectations within an energized and innovative work setting. Whether you’re pursuing a faculty or a position at one of the enterprises, you will play an important role in our mission to elevate higher education and help GCU students find their purpose, as your find yours at GCU too.
Generous Benefits & Special Perks
Take advantage of GCU’s full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability
insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan, team-building activities, discounted event tickets, gyms in every location, financial planning services and worship events.
Working at GCU offers more than just a paycheck and generous benefits, it offers the opportunity to contribute toward the greater good and experience something greater than yourself. In addition to four weeks of paid time off within the first year, employees may take up to two additional paid days off to volunteer. Many employees choose to volunteer with GCU’s partner Habitat for Humanity and support this great cause benefitting our neighborhoods. GCU has currently renovated over 170 homes with a goal to rehabilitate 700 homes, and employees have volunteered 6,400 hours of their time.
Our commitment to education also extends to our employees and their families. We create pathways for employees to progress their career here, as well as continue their education for career advancement. Full-time employees may participate in an Education Tuition Discount Program that offers up to 100% of tuition costs for themselves and/or two family members.
We invite you to be a part of this exciting, unprecedented era of transformation! Help shape the futures of our students, university, community—and your own. Find Your Purpose at GCU. For more information, visit gcu.edu
Grand Canyon University
3300 W Camelback Rd PheonixPhoenix, AZ
Real EstateView all jobs at Grand Canyon University