Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Mechanical Engineering Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Science, Engineering and Technology. Through hands-on, project-based learning, the college provides an outlet for innovation and cross-disciplinary exposure. It features degrees in electrical and mechanical engineering and engineering technology programs.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. There are 9- or 12-month positions available that will start in August 2018. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Teaches undergraduate courses within the major
- Assists students outside classroom hours
- Stays current on topics and practices related to the discipline
- Assists administration in driving curriculum design & development
- Works with leadership on strategic planning initiatives advancing engineering education
- Develops and administers forward-thinking short and long term plans for development and growth
- Provides vision and leadership promoting consensus building and collaboration
- Assists the University in building a solid foundation for growth of engineering programs
- Mentors undergraduate majors in mechanical engineering
- Fosters and promotes diversity and collegiality among faculty, students, and staff and is an advocate for change
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry to support internships, project collaborations, industrial mentoring and Capstone projects
- Actively supports college/university mission and initiatives
- Actively participates on college and/or university committees
- Assists the Dean in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University
- Provides leadership to adjunct faculty
- Active engagement in professional development activities
- Compliance with all college and University policies
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, or similar, from a regionally accredited institution
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience or higher education teaching experience. An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted.
- An extensive, advanced and current knowledge of mechanical engineering, specifically, in one of the following sub-disciplines – thermodynamics, robotics, mechanical design, manufacturing or closely related field.
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Able to teach related coursework in mechanical engineering technology
- Ability to work “hands on” with engineering instrumentation and devices.
- Working knowledge of computer aided engineering and mathematical software.
- Ability to program in a high-level, general purpose computer language.
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Doctoral degree in mechanical engineering, or similar, from a regionally accredited institution.
- 3-5 years of industry experience and mechanical engineering teaching experience
- Familiarity with higher education, curriculum planning, best teaching and administrative practices; or a record of excellence in teaching.
- Understanding of the various methods of adult learning.
We also have on-campus and remote, part-time, Adjunct positions available. To view a list of all Adjunct openings visit: https://jobs.gcu.edu/joblist?page_size=20&page_number=1&keyword=Adjunct&sort_by=start_date&sort_order=DESC
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.