Hualapai River Running Operations Manager
Grand Canyon Resort Corp Peach Springs, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Operations Manager - HRR
Department: Hualapai River Running
Salary Range: S4
Supervisor: General Manager – HRR
Disclaimer: Position Description is not meant to encompass all aspects of position, other duties may be assigned.
Manages the daily operations of Hualapai River Running. Responsible for providing an outstanding experience for guests taking River Rafting trips. Develops plans to maximize capacity, revenue and streamline operations. Develops, implements, and monitors safety policies and procedures for operations. Provides oversight of all HRR staff to ensure overall operations are in compliance, permitting and licensing requirements are met and keeps operational expense of labor minimal. Determines employee training needs to increase effectiveness. Direct supervision over HRR Supervisors. Ensures optimum performance and continuous improvement in all areas. Responsible for leading, coaching, developing and motivation of Hualapai River Running employees.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to lead, coach, train, develop and motivate employees to ensure customer expectations are exceeded and handled promptly, safely, accurately, and courteously. Act as a role model in providing the best possible guest experience.
- Prior Leadership experience with knowledge of the Hualapai Indian Reservation, natural resources and of river rafting experiences.
- Computer literate with demonstrated ability to use business and accounting software proficiently
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and develop action plans from financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse group of guests and tour groups and provide prompt, outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to understand questions being asked and provide detailed information.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner and handle escalated issues with guests or guides that are not happy. Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a team environment, multi-task efficiently and maintain positive working relationships.
- Knowledge of Grand Canyon West locations and operations, Hualapai River Running and Hualapai history and culture.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and aid in decision making and planning with executive team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily operations of Hualapai River Running, this includes staff hiring, scheduling, vehicle fleet, river activity and maintenance of equipment and vehicles. Direct supervision over all HRR Supervisors. Enforce Personnel Policies and Procedures in an unbiased manner and ensure proper documentation of any disciplinary actions.
- Lead, coach, train, develop and motivate HRR employees.
- Review monthly inventory of equipment and supplies with Department Manager.
- Review monthly financial reports for deviances to projections and work with Executive team regarding any needed corrective action.
- Working closely with General Manager to prepare annual budget, adjust SOPs, and update on needs and actions within the department.
- Work with General Manager to develop and oversee plans to maximize capacity and revenue. In conjunction with sales and marketing, develop annual revenue and expense projections and develop conceptual plans for river expeditions and new tour possibilities.
- Streamline operations for efficiency and develop a strategic action plan.
- Assist General Manager in developing, communicating and implementing all HRR policies and procedures. Monitor policies and procedures, watching for the possible need to change in order to meet Company directives or guidelines.
- Act as liaison with regulatory agencies, as needed. Ensure permit and licensing requirements are met.
- Perform regular and timely Performance Evaluation discussions and documentation with members of team and promote team environment while providing individual growth opportunities for Direct Reports. Hold supervisors accountable for completing Performance Evaluations and discussions.
- Provide guests information and ensure new employees are trained regarding Hualapai history, culture, Hualapai River Running, tourism offerings and Grand Canyon West. Ensure all customer interactions are prompt, accurate and courteous.
- Ensure that all guest related issues are resolved promptly while maintaining a high degree of tactfulness and respect for the other party.
- Foster team environment and assist team in handling escalated issues or difficult or unhappy guests.
- Ensure that all communications are shared with employees in a timely and accurate manner, as appropriate.
- Keep the General Manager apprised of all issues and concerns.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Associates Degree in Business, Management or equivalent training and work experience in the day to day management of tour operations preferred. Must have knowledge of the Hualapai Indian Reservation, and Natural Resources.
- Experience in Whitewater and River Running strongly preferred.
- Preference given to Hualapai Tribal members.
Office and shop environment with occasional work in outside environment. Must be able to work varying schedules, weekends and holidays.
Applicant must pass a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check may be required. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or physical disability. However, preference may be given to persons of Indian decent in accordance with Public law 88-353, Section 703 (7-2-71) and Public Law 93-638, Section 7B
Grand Canyon Resort Corp
AddressPeach Springs, AZ
BusinessView all jobs at Grand Canyon Resort Corp