Purpose within the Organization:
The Student Intake Specialist has the responsibility of reviewing applications to ensure applicants qualify for admissions and assist in collecting all transcripts for incoming students in a timely manner.
ResponsibilitiesRelated To Purpose:
- Understands and applies GCU admission requirements accurately to all students' programs of study, ensuring compliance with Department of Education guidelines.
- Processes all necessary steps to matriculation in accordance with GCU's workflow, policies, and requirements.
- Contacts students and other colleges/universities as needed in response to students' transcript status.
- Responds in a timely manner to stakeholders regarding admissions records, including but not limited to admission criteria and transcript statuses, with complete and accurate information.
- Utilizes professional, solution-oriented communication with internal and external customers regarding the resolution of needed admission file documents/transcripts.
- Reviews and process Student Information Release Forms (SIRF) and update as required.
- Contributes to innovation and automation of the development of GCU admissions processes.
- Understands and applies GCU admission requirements accurately to all student applications, ensuring they meet program of study admission requirements.
- Completes all necessary process steps in accordance with GCU's workflow, policies, and requirements.
- Ensures full compliance with GCU's application processing regulations and Department of Education guidelines.
- Reviews all applications in accordance with applicable deadlines.
- Quality review of documentation to ensure program requirements are met, documents are legible, and file is complete.
- Updates system statuses to ensure accurate reflection of the state of student admission files.
- Transfers transcript request forms on behalf of applicant same-day as application processing.
- Contributes to innovation and automation of GCU admissions processes and systems to better service internal/external customers.
- Effective communication with internal and external customers in a professional and timely manner.
- Ability to become familiar and proficient with GCU admission policies.
- Able to adjust to processes and admission policy updates and changes quickly.
- Ability to analyze, interpret information, effectively research and troubleshoot.
- Outstanding attention to detail is must.
- Absolute commitment to meeting strict response deadlines.
- High-level customer service and effective professional communication by phone, email, and instant messenger.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, ability to work in a team environment in collaborative and cohesive manner.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities professionally and maintain composure while under deadline pressure.
- Basic computer skills including proficiency with MS Office Suite with ability to use multiple systems at one time on two monitors.
- Able to interact and build relationships with internal and external customers in a professional demeanor.
- Commitment to quality, data integrity, and compliant with company, state, and federal regulations and policies.
- Ability to maintain confidential student information (i.e. FERPA).
- Ability to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities with the advancement of technological improvements.
- Ability to accept and adapt to various work schedules outside of normal business hours.
- Must be available to work full 20 hours (4 scheduled hours daily Monday-Friday preferred).
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student first policy.
Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor's program or Master's program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Open Positions: 2
Manager: Office of Academic Records - Intake Supervisor