- Posted: over a month ago
Our staff specializes in commercial, high-rise, hospitality, retail, restaurant and entertainment projects and can assist in a variety of needs: • Project Management Services • Program & Development Management Services • Safety Culture Assessment • LEED Certification Studies • Construction Management Consulting • Project Management Oversight • Troubled Project Turnaround • Staff Augmentation • Estimating and Cost Management • Expert Witness Testimony • Lender and Insurance Claim Advisory • Litigation Support • Project Partnering WorkshopsIndustry: ConstructionCompany size: 30 employeesHeadquarters: Las Vegas, NVFounded: 2005
PROJECT MANAGER I
DIVISION: DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
POSITION CODE: EXEMPT
EXPERIENCE: Five or more years of experience in the field or in a related area. Work experience in all disciplines of construction (civil, structural, architectural, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing) preferred.
EDUCATION : High School or equivalent. Bachelors' degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management or a related field is desired, a combination of education and work experience will also be considered in lieu of degree.
SKILLS: Intermediate knowledge of Windows/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook/Word. Basic knowledge of Prolog or other
Project Management software. Basic knowledge of AutoCAD, Suretrack and Microsoft Project desired.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE : OSHA 30 hour certification preferred (must obtain certification within 3 months of hire)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: Duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Managed scope of work will fully encompass a full design and/or construction team as directed by supervisor.
- Project Manager 1 will be responsible for varied levels of project complexity and project valuation limits
(multidiscipline, full lifecycle development management).
- Review, analyze and resolve field construction problems, discrepancies and interference within area of discipline with A/E supervision, client, and contractors as required and report to supervisor.
- May manage multiple projects at one time.
- Develop/update field work procedure documents as required, may involve research and interpretation of Codes, technical manuals, journals, etc.
- Provide technical direction and supervision to contracting personnel.
- Provide review of A/E design documents for completion, coordination, schedule and constructability.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all contract documents associated with the project.
- Maintains daily communication with Supervisor and project team on progress of areas of responsibility.
- Thoroughly reviews the progress payment applications and obtaining appropriate approvals.
- Approves Time and Material field work with the Contractor as required.
- Corresponds with Owner/Architect/ Contractor and Subcontractors in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitors Client/Owner required reports and schedules (prepared by the Contractor or Subcontractors).
- Ability to develop (with review of Supervisor) full development budgets and project commitment reports and maintains accurate budget and activity reports for Owner reporting.
- Reviews with supervisor and transmits field updates and photo reporting to clients on a weekly basis
- Makes work assignments as required for employees as to continue to be challenged and productive. (if applicable and as directed by supervisor)
- Monitors schedule of areas of responsibility and participates in all schedule meetings.
- Reviews PCO/CCD quotes, negotiates changes and claims protection with review of Supervisor.
- Able to create full development schedules for review with review of Supervisor and delivery to Clients.
- Provides mentorship to Assistant Project Managers or Project Coordinators as required or directed by supervisor.
- Monitors the health, safety and welfare of everyone on jobsite and enforces compliance of project specific safety plan (if applicable) or Safety and Local, State and Federal Regulatory policies.
- Monitors all relevant sections of the Health and Safety Management plan are implemented and understood.
- Ensures accident/incident investigations are conducted by appropriate party to determine the cause and takes appropriate corrective action as required.
OTHER JOB DUTIES: Duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Maintains jobsite harmony and works to develop strong team relationships.
- Submits Insurance claims to Owner Safety Engineer/Risk Manager after review by Supervisor.
- Coordinates and attends weekly design and/or construction coordination meetings.
- Monitors OCIP/CCIP activities (if applicable) and safety program.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings, and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Represents the company with a positive attitude internally and externally
- Participate fully as a team member, completing all requirements assigned in a timely manner
- Treat employees, clients, subcontractors and vendors with courtesy and respect
- Act in a professional manner at all times and maintain a harmonious work environment
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Indicate any other requirements which are essential to the successful performance of this job:
- Ability to communicate on the telephone (hearing) Ability to understand technical manuals
- Ability to speak English Ability to work amicably with co-workers
- Ability to write legibly in English Ability to learn tasks in a reasonable amount of time
- Ability to read instructions and numbers in English Ability to follow supervisor's instructions
- Ability to complete tasks with numerous interruptions
FUTURE GROWTH: Successfully performing the duties of Project Manager I may lead to growth opportunities such as: Project Manager II.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Grand Canyon Development Partners
AddressLas Vegas, NV
ConstructionView all jobs at Grand Canyon Development Partners