Imperial Supplies, a Grainger company, is a national distributor of quality maintenance products. Serving the fleet maintenance industry since 1958, Imperial has formed lasting relationships with customers by tailoring our services to meet their changing needs.
With more National Account Programs in the fleet industry than all of our competition combined, we are recognized for innovative technology and solutions that reduce costs through efficient ordering methods and stringent controls.
Don’t work anymore weekends or holidays! Our employees work Monday-Friday PLUS Imperial offers IMMEDIATE health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 18 days paid time off, paid holidays and generous profit sharing & 401K programs.
Under direct supervision, is responsible for receipt of all inbound goods and supplies arriving at the Distribution Center. Safely performs all stock movement and put away functions while ensuring accuracy of packing lists and purchase order receipts. Provides back up in the absence of the Receiving/Packaging Coordinator.
- Receive inbound materials from vendors and customer return stock using radio frequency scanners and keyboard data entry. Perform purchase order receipt and stock movement functions involved in bringing stock into inventory, producing the unit packaging tickets and lot registration.
- Unload and stage material within the receiving area using powered industrial equipment, put product away in in rack locations, and note damaged product information delivery carrier’s paperwork prior to unloading goods.
- Enter purchase order and supplied packing list information into system.
- Set-up packaging stations from receiving staging or from receipt goods storage locations.
- Collaborate with Receiving Crew Leader or Coordinator on receipts, carrier or supplier variances.
- Assist with inventory cycle counting using powered industrial equipment.
- Assist with inventory discrepancy investigations relating to receipt variances. Notify Purchasing and Quality Assurance personnel about quality and damaged goods variations.
- Observe all safety regulations and promote safe working habits.
- Maintain good housekeeping and works to achieve the housekeeping goals set forth by Warehouse Supervision.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent and valid driver’s license
- One year of general warehouse/distribution knowledge.
- High degree of mathematical skills, effective reading and writing skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy.Strong communication skills and ability to work positively with outside carrier personnel and cross-functional areas.
- A competitive wage and industry leading benefits
- 18 days paid time off plus paid holidays
- Education reimbursement and opportunities for internal advancement & professional growth
Imperial is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.