The Account Relationship Manager will serve as the primary liaison between Grainger and GOVERNMENT customer accounts located
throughout the United States in an effort to expand customer relationships, assess, analyze and address all customer
business and purchasing needs, and grow sales volume. This position will manage account portfolios that are expected to
generate pre-established aggregate annual sales. Account Relationship Manager Packages are designed to contain
approximately 150 customers.
• Research and analyze the strategic business direction and needs of each assigned account to determine how Grainger can
best align itself as a product and service partner for all current and future business needs of the account.
• Develop, present and utilize innovative marketing plans and coordinate and work with internal partners in an effort to meet
the operational and purchasing needs of each account.
• Determine, prepare and present the appropriate “Grainger Value Package” to each account and review how Grainger can
add value and help with each account’s purchasing needs.
• Regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion when interacting with all accounts and determining product and
• Regularly exercise independent discretion and judgment to determine whether a potential customer qualifies to do business
with Grainger, as well as negotiating transaction terms, conditions and pricing for each existing and new account.
• Function independently with limited supervision in performing all job duties and responsibilities including negotiating terms,
pricing and other terms and conditions for each account.
• Regularly provide solutions in meeting the unique product, service and purchasing needs of individual customers.
• Evaluate and determine the appropriate marketing and promotional approaches to grow the business and sales for each
• Coordinate and lead activities, and communication between each account and Grainger’s business departments to achieve
appropriate business solutions, respond to customers’ purchasing needs and coordinate sales.
• Proactively interact with each account on a regular and ongoing basis, utilizing a wide array of available communication
channels, to maximize their purchasing with Grainger through all of Grainger’s sales / service channels in an effort to drive
and secure sales opportunities and sales.