- $20 to $23 Hourly
Are you looking for a fast-paced position with a growing company? Grain Millers INC is the largest miller of organic and gluten free oats in North America. We are a retail co-manufacturer and industrial ingredient supplier for some of the largest brands in the world. Our flagship United States mill in St. Ansgar Iowa is seeking a detail-oriented and organized individual to join our team as a Logistics Coordinator. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating outgoing shipments of processed products by truck and rail, ensuring compliance with customer specifications and regulatory requirements. Effective communication with the sales department, Ops Manager Production Planning, and other key stakeholders is crucial for success in this position. This role puts you as one of the faces of our company in your interactions with customers, carriers, and internal departments. In this role, you will need to proactively solve problems and provide top tier customer service when doing so.
- Communicate daily with Ops Manager Production Planning and warehouse coordinators regarding shipments.
- Coordinate outgoing shipments by truck and rail using food-grade trailers and containers as per customer specifications.
- Fill out necessary forms for export customers, including Certificate of Origin, Canadian Customs Invoice, NAFTA/USMCA Certificates, and Letter of Credit Export Transmittal Letter.
- Maintain records of NAFTA/USMCA and customer documents.
- Update dock schedule and staging helper for warehouse personnel.
- Book dock times with customers and carriers.
- Release sales orders as shipments are scheduled and prepare necessary paperwork for orders.
- Prepare and send freight claims for damaged products.
- Communicate effectively with the sales office regarding shipments.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with experience in shipping and logistics.
- AA in business administration desired.
- Knowledge of food industry standards for shipments.
- Proficient in using a calculator, PC, and Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Pleasant phone communication skills.
- High organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
Grain Millers St. AnsgarSaint Ansgar, IA
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Logistics Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.