Clinical Nurse Supervisor
Residential Hospice Is A Leading Provider of Home Health, Palliative, And Hospice Services. At Residential Hospice, you’ll work with a team of passionate individuals who put the concerns and health of our patients and their family members first.
The Hospice Clinical Nurse Supervisor is responsible for supporting all field staff in the on-going management of patient care with particular emphasis on monitoring the care plan, clinical documentation, monitoring of visit frequency and needs to ensure the highest quality care for the patient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develops implements and evaluates orientation in conjunction with the Director of Hospice Services and Human Resources Department.
· Provide supervision and direction for field staff and act as liaison between field and office staff.
· Update Clinical Record on an ongoing basis as it relates to communications, orders, conflicts, etc.
· Evaluate and address customer concerns, including documentation and resolution of same.
· Communicate with marketing personnel re customer issues that arise and may affect referral source relationships.
· Responsible for communication with clinicians and physicians when adult protective services referral required.
· Participates in staff meetings, may prepare agendas and in-services.
· Distributes monthly staff meeting information to staff not attending.
· Can communicate with assigned staff one (1) x week to receive client updates and assure that D/C charts are updated by field staff.
· Perform annual performance evaluations on field staff
· Track Supervisory Visits for all disciplines and assure that visits are being performed by appropriate field staff.
· Supervision of assigned field staff.
· Monitors patients’ clinical records concurrently and retrospectively, utilizing agency thresholds and indicators.
· Audits clinical records and work with professional clinicians to ensure compliance and comprehensive documentation.
· Works with professional clinicians in developing the plan for patient frequency of visits that are clinically appropriate for the patient.
· Assists agency personal in care coordination of patient/client services. Serves as a liaison between the organization, referral sources, patient/clients and agency personnel.
· Assists in education of staff regarding hospitalizations.
· Proficient in HCHB, HBSS and Outlook.
· Participates in nursing recruitment dinners as needed.
· Maintains Medicare guidelines regarding consents, ABN, non-provider coverage forms.
· Performs field visits as needed.
· Participates in ongoing education.
· Attends and organize all IDT meetings
· All other duties assigned by supervisor
· Must be able to use good and sound clinical judgment.
· Must be able to document accurately and appropriately.
· Must work well in a team environment.
· Detail orientated.
· Maintain confidential information
· Must hold, in good standing, a license as a Registered Nurse, issued by the State of Michigan.
· Must be empathetic, non-judgmental, tactful, responsible, professional and organized.
· Must understand the team approach and be a supportive team member.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.