Career Opportunity – Project Accountant – Infrastructure USA Bellevue Washington
Graham is a growing, dynamic and innovative construction solutions provider with history of success dating back to 1926. As an employee-owned company, you’ll be able to capitalize on our collective success by becoming an owner yourself. You’ll also be able to take advantage of professional development, learning and growth opportunities, while working on exciting, leading-edge projects.
We rank among Canada’s largest construction companies, are a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and are seeking top tier talent to further strengthen our capabilities. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed, both personally and professionally. If you’re eager to work on innovative projects, be part of a great team and become an employee-owner, Graham is the place for you.
Our career opportunities extend well beyond construction and engineering. We also offer exciting career growth and development in areas such as: accounting; administration; asset management; business development; communications; estimating; finance; health, safety, environment and quality; human resources; information systems/technology; investments; legal and risk management; purchasing; and SAP. As a member of one of these groups, you will play an essential role in supporting the successful execution of our projects and overall business operations by advising and applying your expertise to various improvement initiatives within your functional area.
About The Role
The Project Accountant reports directly to the Operations Accountant I and will be based either in our Bellevue Washington office or on a major project site located in Washington state and will be responsible for all aspects of financial and commercial support across a portfolio of projects for the Infrastructure USA business unit. Responsible for implementing and maintaining project accounting processes, in accordance with company policies and procedures, to ensure clear, accurate, consistent and relevant project financial information and analysis, on a timely basis. Acts as a business partner and key contributor with the senior leaders of the business unit and a representative of the finance function.
As a member of the Operations accounting Team at Graham you will:
- Establishes relationship while being the first point of contact and Finance Business Partner to Operations Management for the business unit and representative of the finance function to the business.
- Builds and maintains constructive and effective working relationship with key operations stakeholders, internal and external team members and direct reports.
- Provides financial and commercial support to Operations Management and participates in regular business unit reviews, providing contestability to the financial and commercial health of the Project portfolio and business unit.
- Accountable for delivering consistent, accurate, relevant and timely management information to all key stakeholders for insight and decision-making purposes.
- Supports operations management in the preparation of budgets and forecasts and the monitoring of financial performance across the business.
- Oversees the day-to-day accounting processes, reconciliation and month end procedures and provides guidance and direction as required.
- Accountable for the administration of sub trade contracts in adherence with company policy. Review and directs the preparation of owner progress billings, ensuring timely and accurate billings. Monitors weekly and daily AR reports and daily collections and engages operations for resolutions of disputes and timely collection of outstanding balances.
- Ensure adherence to accounting policies, procedures and internal controls at the project and business unit, including compliance with revenue and profit recognition policies.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to accounting systems, processes and procedures in accordance with company policy.
- Oversee the implementation of user acceptance testing for systems upgrades and enhancements. Directs the deliverables for all audit work requirements in the business unit.
To be Successful at Graham, you will have the following qualifications and experience: or Qualifications/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, required
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CMA), preferred
- Strong financial management skills including cash management, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Proven track record of delivery with at least 8 years of relevant experience, preferably in the construction or heavy manufacturing industries.
- Advanced management accounting skills, including experience with large project cost accounting and public works clients with a focus on high volume self-perform work.
- Advanced knowledge of and abilities with integrated financial and management/cost accounting computer systems operating in a multi-operating unit and multi-location environment (SAP and excel strongly preferred).
- Must be able to freely access all parts of a construction site in wide ranging environments
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, collaborative team player.
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
Compensation and Benefits:
- Opportunity for ownership and increased income through dividends and share equity increases
- 15% of annual profits are paid out in bonuses
- Excellent Health & Dental benefits plan, Life insurance, AD&D. LTD and Flex Plan
- 401(k) savings plan with employer matching upon eligibility
- 12 paid holidays a year
- 3 to 5 weeks of vacation per year, with credit for prior industry experience
- Professional and career development opportunities
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast-evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
We're Building careers, not filling jobs.
View available job opportunities and submit your application online at www.graham.ca/careers.
Applications will only be accepted as online submissions through the Graham website.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
13555 SE 36th Street, Suite 120
Bellevue, WA 98006
Job Code: BH-19-041