- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to the COO, the IT Director will play a key leadership role in building and managing an integrated USG compliant enterprise IT environment across three business sectors. The IT Director is a seasoned leader with deep technical expertise across all facets of IT. They must be capable of evaluating IT capabilities of the heritage organizations and determining transition path to an integrated IT environment. They will be able to translate evolving USG IT and cyber requirements to IT environment.
The role will be responsible for identifying IT synergies across at least five heritage companies and building a cohesive IT strategy and IT department. Working across all heritage organizations, she/he will develop plans with key business leaders to transition heritage IT capabilities to a compliant integrated environment. This role is responsible for leadership and operations of entire IT department.
Specific responsibilities to include:
- Build an integrated IT plan and drive IT synergies while maintaining highest level of cyber security
- Transition heritage IT systems to integrated IT environment supporting ~500 employees - Leads implementation processes for the organization’s IT systems and department
- Hire, train, and manage IT staff
- Manage IT department’s budget
- Knows how to provisions, maintain, transition, and decommission IT services
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations during transition and in the event of emergency situations or data loss
- Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise information
- Facilitates IT security audits or investigations
- Coordinates multisite IT systems
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers
- Thoroughly understands and can implement standards like NIST, CMMC, etc requirements to satisfy government contracts
- Must be able to support a mixed environment that includes but is not limited to, Windows/Mac/Linux, and vastly different user competencies
- Identify and eliminate security vulnerabilities with strategic solutions that increase data security
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Coordinates IT activities to ensure data availability and network services with as little downtime as necessary
- Meet and collaborate with all levels of staff and engineering departments as necessary
- Establishes efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations, or new systems
- Devise and enforce IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Thoroughly understands best practices for managing user application permissions via LDAP/AD
- Manages documentation and functional redundancy, as well as disaster planning
- Fosters a cooperative, friendly working relationship between IT personnel and all IT customers (i.e., business users, contractors, suppliers) to facilitate open communications resulting in a high level of cooperation
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following specific qualifications and experiences:
- Lead People and Collaborate Proactively— Successful track record of leading industry IT professionals as well as a keen understanding of industry trends to develop strategies required to maintain IT infrastructure. Proven skills attracting and retaining technical individual contributors.
- Technical Understanding— 10+ years of domain experience in working on and building IT systems. Experience of desktop user support on Win/Mac/Linux platforms, knowledge of NAS/SAN technologies, experience with AWS (S3, Glacier), understanding of basic networking concepts and ability to build small upgrades into existing infrastructures. Experience with securing and auditing information systems, experience with enterprise level wi-fi skills, experience with enterprise shared resources (i.e. printers and plotters, etc.)
- Business Acumen—Ability to work across business segments and understanding of unique DoD and Intelligence community IT and cyber requirements. Understanding of IT cost drivers and able to make ROI calculations for new tools. Ability to function in an engineering focused company with engineering development related services and databases that support them (i.e. GitLab, Docker, Slack, JIRA, etc.)
- Security Clearance—DoD Secret eligibility
- Strong communications skills and emotional intelligence. Adept at building high performing teams
- Bias for action; orientation towards solving rather than simply identifying problem areas
- Critical thinker who gathers and analyzes information from a variety of sources, develops and tests solutions to complex problems.
- Effectively plans and manages towards both short and long-term goals.
- Can make the tough and timely decisions
- Drives change in anticipation of market and client dynamics
- Sound business and interpersonal judgment, keen conceptual skills, intellectual discipline.
- Professional reputation for consistent excellence in client delivery, and the highest level of personal integrity.
- Leads by influence. A positive, proactive, “can do” attitude; self-confident without being overbearing; treats others with respect.
- Innovative thinker
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
• At least ten years of experience managing an IT department, years of experience considered in lieu of degree
Powered by JazzHR
Get fresh Key Account Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.