Mechanical Engineer Job Summary
Gradiant Energy Services is seeking a Mechanical Engineer in our Houston, TX location to execute and support designs for the ongoing expansion of our oil and gas water treatment plants. Successful Mechanical Engineering candidates should be creative, eager to take on challenges, and have strong technical, organizational and communication skills related to developing, supporting and managing mechanical design of industrial systems.
The successful Mechanical Engineer candidate will be able to:
· Perform engineering calculations to support designs and equipment selection
· Develop and present conceptual design to team members
· Develop layouts for mechanical, structural and piping systems on skid mounted integrated systems.
· Produce P&ID’s with BOM’s and PFD’s through AutoCAD
· Design pumping and hydraulics for liquids and slurries.
· Fluid dynamics and design of air distribution and diffusion systems
· Compressor selection and design
· Tank and tank mixing analysis and design
· Travel to the field for support and stay for an extended time
· Thrive in a safety culture that is at the core of GES
· Creatively improve the status-quo in a semi-autonomous environment
· Demonstrate flexibility in small company environment
· Familiarity with CMMS preferred
Senior Mechanical Engineer Education and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor or Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· 5-10 years of progressive experience in equipment design, process skid and piping integration and/or equivalent experience. Excellent candidates with lesser experience will be considered.
· 5+ years first-hand experience with efficient use of weldment and pipe routing segments to produce mechanical design, fabrication and assembly drawings using Solidworks or AutoCAD is strongly desired.
· Prior experience working with wastewater, chemical processing and/or oil and gas is preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft products such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel and Engineering software (Solidworks and AutoCAD)
· Valid driver’s license
GES is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.