OB/GYN Medical Assistant
Grace Women's Center of Baytown Baytown, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- $14 to $16 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
***Looking for a candidate with front and back office experience***
The medical assistant provides high quality care to meet departmental goals; the medical assistant responsibly and cost effectively manages equipment, supplies and ancillary services; the medical assistant establishes communication and maintains good working relationships with physicians and office personnel to facilitate quality patient care; the medical assistant demonstrates an understanding of non-judgmental care as it relates to the psychological and emotional needs of the patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet and escort patients to examining room; make them feel welcome and comfortable.
- Prepare and assist patient for exams; obtain urine specimens, check vital signs, document symptoms, complaints and medications, prepare for lab tests and procedures, etc.
- Ensure the patients’ demographic information is correct and updated.
- Assist the physician, residents and fellows with exams and procedures.
- Give injections and/or teach the patient to administer injection when needed.
- Assist patient with obtaining lab slips and/or referrals, scheduling procedures, prescriptions, etc.
- Recognize urgent or emergency situations and act appropriately; reorder and replace items used from the crash cart or emergency kit.
- Accompany patient with emergency to hospital in wheelchair or by stretcher; monitor continuously until under the care of hospital nurse; document events inpatients’ medical record.
- Put charges and diagnoses on chart forms or obtain this from the physician.
- Instruct patient to take router copy to check-out.
- Take lab specimens to the dumb-waiter or lab.
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and others.
- Cooperate and interact with team members and co-workers.
- Educate patients on health care concerns and problems, office and hospital procedures, medications, testing, surgery, etc.
- Request and flow medical records.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Practice infection control; dispose contaminated needles, drugs and supplies properly ;use good hand washing technique; disinfect patient areas after use and clean exam rooms after patients are seen.
- Perform phlebotomy.
- Assist with pre and post-op care.
- Monitor established pregnancies through lab work and ultrasounds.
- Maintain patient charting, testing and flow sheets.
- 2+ years experience; OB/GYN
- Athena EMR Experience (Preferred)
- Front & Back Office Experience
- High school Graduate or GED
- Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants
- Certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants
- CPR certification
Grace Women's Center of BaytownWhy Work Here?
To learn more about us, please visit our website at https://www.facebook.com/gracemedicalaestheticstx
6711 Sjolander RoadBaytown, TX