Adult Medical Assistant
Grace Medical Home, Inc. Orlando, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Adult Medical Assistant Nursing Position - Essential Functions
· Covers the floor on the Adult (primarily) and Pediatric side as necessary and provides individualized patient care to include patient evaluation, education, medication review, in house tests, procedures, and labs (EKGs, urinalysis, PFTs, vaccine administration, etc.), triage and patient safety as directed by the RN, LPRN, or MD.
· Proficient in detailed documentation.
· Bilingual required, with the ability to understand and to make oneself understood to English and Spanish speaking individuals.
· Proficient in phlebotomy draws and lab collections.
· Communicates appropriate information regarding the patient’s condition to the RN, MD, APRN, or the Care Coordination Team to provide whole-patient care.
· Maintains a safe and caring environment for both patients, families, and coworkers.
· Able to work in a team environment, flexible with helping to cover areas not assigned in the daily task if needed, scanning, lab exceptions, scheduling appointments and other tasks as delegated.
· Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
· Demonstrates the ability to evaluate data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit’s/area’s/department’s policies and procedures.
· Basic math skills
· Able to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with Grace Medical Home policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· Work creatively and collaboratively with GMH staff and volunteers to deliver services consistent with our mission, vision and values.
· Resolve conflicts productively and efficiently.
· Share your faith in Jesus Christ as the opportunity presents itself and represent the ministry of GMH in the community with integrity.
Other Related Functions
· The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
· Practices efficient use of supplies. Maintains a clean, safe and organized unit. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Graduate from an approved school of nursing or accreditation program
Current license in the State of Florida renewed every two years. Maintains current CPR certification.
Grace Medical Home, Inc.
1417 E. Concord StreetOrlando, FL