Reports to: Physician
Essential duties include providing excellent customer/patient services via phone and in person and running the operations of the office including but not limited to: planning and coordinating the daily activities of the office staff ensuring proper coverage at all times; planning in advance to ensure smooth patient care days and tasks for staff to ensure 100% productivity; billing supervision; working with team to successfully complete HEDIS requirements and acting as the right hand person to the lead physician. The position is considered a crucial link between the patient and the clinical staff of the office. The incumbent must work collaboratively with all staff in support of direct patient services, exhibiting flexibility and a “can do” attitude. Patient services are the key priority in this position requiring the Supervisor to serve as a point of contact within the office with the goal of fostering an environment which promotes patient comfort and trust. Ensure compliance with HIPAA/OSHA standards. In addition, the Supervisor is responsible for holding staff accountable in meeting practice goals including scheduling, rescheduling, missed appointments, etc that are established practice protocols.
Major Qualifications & Skills:
1. Three years of experience working in a primary care office or a practice that provides primary care services
2. Familiarity with billing and coding
3. Familiarity with HEDIS
4. Experience working with EMR (eClinical experience a plus)
5. Supervisory experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the daily operations of the office
· Ensure patients are properly scheduled and that the provider schedules are full
· Oversee billing
· Knowledge of services rendered.
· Supervises and has knowledge of opening and closing of the office.
· Responsible for work flow during clinic day
· Manages daily schedule and ensures patients are being seen on time
· Mange daily task assignments
· All staff positions covered at all times.
· Supply ordering.
· Knowledge of medical terminology.
· Explains office policies to patients and staff as needed.
· Maintain a clean or orderly reception/waiting room and work area.
· Post over the counter payments and process bankcards as necessary.
· Ensure daily reconciliation activity report, balance day sheet is being done.
· Process patient authorizations for treatment and consultations.
· Follow HIPAA and OSHA regulations.
· Follow compliance rules and regulation against fraud and abuse.
· Maintain office quality assurance.
· Coordinate repair and replacement of office equipment.
· Serve as a role model for customer service and mentor support staff.
· Inform physicians of operational problems or other issues as needed.
· Handle a variety of matters including managed care, insurance, collections, operational and customer service issues.
· Maintain strictest confidentiality.
· Ensure the patients are treated courteously by office staff.
· Ensures that staff is working at full productivity
· Responsible for managing patient schedule and ensuring charts are complete before seen by provider