Memory Care Clinical Manager LPN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pay up to $72,800/year
The Avalon of Commerce Township seeks compassionate and caring individuals who are dedicated to supporting exceptional senior living experiences. Working at The Avalon of Commerce Township means you are part of the family. Each day is an opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of those around you.
Full-time benefits include:
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Daily Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Summary of Duties of The Memory Care Clinical Manager
The Memory Care Clinical Manager serves as the clinical manager in charge for the Memory Care neighborhood (Village Program). As the clinical leader in Memory Care, The Memory Care Clinical Manager coordinates resident care, designates tasks, and assignments to Resident Care Assistants (RCAs) and Medication Technicians (MTs) and monitors the overall functioning of the Memory Care neighborhood. The Memory Care Clinical Manager is responsible for resident clinical and care decisions in the absence of the Executive Director and Wellness Director. The Memory Care Clinical Manager will report to the Wellness Director.
Essential Functions of The Memory Care Clinical Manager
- Keeps Village Program philosophy at the core of all planning and implementation of activities and care for the residents.
- Plans and delegates work assignments assuring effective shift coverage; Coordinates care by completing evaluations and care plans for the resident care associates and medication technicians to follow.
- Participates in and supervises the delivery of personal care to residents.
- In collaboration with The Village Program Life Enrichment Manager, ensures the resident care associates and medication technicians are participating and leading Village Program resident activities as assigned.
- Maintains open communication with resident families, ensuring they are informed about the residents’ condition.
- Ensures all residents’ personal hygiene supplies are stored properly.
- Implements the service plans and collects data regarding the health status of memory care residents.
- Participate in resident care conferences and other community meetings as assigned.
- Acts as team leader memory care; Coaches and counsels resident care associates and medication technicians regarding care practices and standards; Follows proper disciplinary procedures if RCAs/MTs are not following policies and procedures; Writes coaching/counseling and disciplinary documentation, as reviewed by the Wellness Director and/or Executive Director.
- Always maintains professional demeanor when interacting with residents and families.
- Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in potentially sensitive or emotionally charged situations.
- Reports any suspected or witnessed instances of verbal, mental, or physical abuse to Wellness Director and takes appropriate action.
- Administers medications according to the physician order on the medication administration record (MAR).
- Documents medications administered on the MAR in accordance with company policy; Checks MARs immediately after administration and prior to end of shift to ensure documentation is complete and accurate.
- Conducts medication cart and chart audits.
- Conducts change of shift report with oncoming/outgoing shift personnel.
- Maintains security of medication cart and narcotic keys during entire shift; Conducts and ensures narcotic counts are being conducted at the beginning and end of every shift in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Transcribes physician orders, reviews MAR’s for accuracy, and notifies pharmacy of changes.
- Responds to emergencies in a prompt, calm manner.
- Must be willing work weekends and special events, outside of normal working hours when necessary.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for staffing and care needs; Responsible for finding coverage for open shifts when rotating on-call for staffing.
- Will support the entire community clinical emergencies and evaluations when the Wellness Director is out of the community.
- Orients and assists with on-the-job training of new associates and participates in evaluation of knowledge, skills, and abilities of associates on his/her shift; Reports findings to Wellness Director.
- Monitors e-call system equipment to ensure proper working condition and caregiver response to e-call to assure timely assistance.
- Monitors and maintains resident charts; Reports significant changes in a resident’s condition to the Wellness Director, physician and responsible party and documents in the resident’s chart all observations, follow through and any new orders/instructions from the physician.
- Ensures the resident care associates and medication technicians are current with their e-learning and state required education.
- Understands and uses Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Standard Precautions, OSHA's Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens, and other safety rules.
- Operates designated medical equipment, copy, scan, and fax machines and telephone.
- Documents and reports resident incidents as required by state regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Wellness Director.
- Participates in and supports the Village Program activities program.
- Participates in all staff meetings and attends other meetings as required.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the heritage, values and wisdom of the residents, and an understanding of the aging process.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- Must be a licensed LPN.
- Minimum of two years experience with supervisory experience preferred.
- Assisted Living and/or Memory Care experience, required.
- Demonstrates the ability to function as a team member in sharing responsibilities for the administration of resident services in cooperation with all members of the team.
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
- Be in good physical health and free of communicable diseases; Lifting, bending, and pushing medication cart about residence is required; Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Completion of drug testing and criminal background check upon hire and upon request of supervisor.
AddressCharter Township of Commerce, MI
HealthcareView all jobs at Grace Management
Get fresh Teen Telephonic LPN jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.