- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pay up to $18.00/hour
PT Day Shift Only-7:00am-3:00pm
The Avalon of Commerce Township seeks compassionate and caring individuals who are dedicated to supporting exceptional senior living experiences. Working at The Avalon of Commerce Township means you are part of the family. Each day is an opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of those around you.
Full Time Benefits include:
- Daily pay
- Holiday Pay
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Summary of Duties of the Medication Aide
The primary responsibilities of the Medication Aide (MA) are to: 1) Administer or assist with the administration and/or supervision of medications to the residents in a safe, accurate, and timely manner (dependent on State regulations); and 2) Provide physical and psychosocial care to all residents in a manner that promotes dignity, choice, and individuality. The Medication Aide position reports to the supervisor on duty as well as the Wellness Director.
Essential Functions of the Medication Aide
- Administers or assists with or supervises the administration of medications according to the physician order on the medication administration record (MAR).
- Documents medications administered on the MAR in accordance with Company policy; Checks MARs immediately after administration and prior to end of shift to ensure documentation is complete and accurate.
- Conducts change of shift report with oncoming/outgoing shift personnel.
- Maintains security of medication cart and narcotic keys during entire shift; Conducts narcotic count at the beginning and end of every shift in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance with activities of daily living such as with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene (includes shaving, oral care, nail care, hair care, foot care), toileting, eating, and ambulation/mobility.
- Works collaboratively with peers and other team members.
- Maintains professional demeanor at all times when interacting with residents and families.
- Reports any suspected or witnessed instances of verbal, mental, or physical abuse to licensed staff immediately.
- Utilizes safe transfer techniques when assisting residents with mobility.
- Observes and reports changes in residents’ physical condition and cognitive/emotional status to Wellness Director or charge nurse, as needed.
- Assists residents with swallowing difficulty with eating.
- Responds to emergencies in a prompt and calm manner; Immediately reports such emergencies to the charge nurse and /or Wellness Director.
- Understands and uses Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Standard Precautions, OSHA's Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens standard, and follows established infection control procedures, hazardous communication, and other safety rules.
- Ensures cleanliness of residents' rooms and promptly reports all violations of safety and sanitation rules to supervisor.
- Documents provision of services on company forms.
- Operates designated medical equipment, copy, scan, fax machines, and telephone.
Non-Essential Functions of the Medication Aide
- Provides all necessary care and services to assigned residents and assists other wellness associates as needed.
- Participates in and supports the resident-centered activities program.
- Cares for sensory enhancement devices such as eyeglasses and hearing aids.
- Completes housekeeping tasks such as bed-making, linen changes, vacuuming, emptying trash, and cleaning bathrooms.
- Washes residents’ laundry as needed.
- Escorts residents and coordinates internal transportation needs.
- Assists residents with personal correspondence/telephone use when requested.
- Conducts room checks and resident rounds.
- Monitors for environmental safety hazards.
- Assists in a variety of tasks related to dining (escort residents to dining room, assist with set-up and clean tables, serve meals, bus tables, etc.).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and mandatory in-services.
- Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in potentially sensitive or emotionally charged situations.
- Follows-up with appropriate staff, residents, or other individuals regarding reported complaints, problems, and concerns.
- Acts as an ambassador and public relations representative to guests and other visitors.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the heritage, values and wisdom of the residents, and an understanding of the aging process.
- Collaborates with associates in other departments to assure necessary care and services are provided.
- Participates in projects or committees as assigned.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- Satisfactory completion of state-required education/certificates/testing in relation to medication aides as well as the Company Medication Aide Skills Competency Checklist.
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
- Be in good physical health and free of communicable diseases; Lifting, bending, and pushing medication cart about residence is required.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Completion of drug testing and criminal background check upon hire and upon request of supervisor.
- Experience in Assisted Living preferred.
AddressCharter Township of Commerce, MI
HealthcareView all jobs at Grace Management
Get fresh PT Caregiver jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.