Assistant Wellness Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Portside at Grande Dunes seeks compassionate and caring individuals who are dedicated to supporting exceptional senior living experiences. Working at Portside at Grande Dunes means you are part of the family. Each day is an opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of those around you.
Full-time benefits include:
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Daily Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Summary of Duties of the Assistant Wellness Director
A Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) may serve as the Assistant Wellness Director/supervisor in charge for the shift, in the absence of the Wellness Director. As the supervisor on the shift, the Assistant Wellness Director will coordinate resident care, designate/delegate tasks and assignments to Resident Care Assistants (RCAs) and Medication Technicians (MTs), and monitor the overall function of the Wellness Department for the shift. The Assistant Wellness Director also are responsible for making community decisions in the absence of the Executive Director and Wellness Director. This position reports to the Wellness Director.
Essential Functions of the Assistant Wellness Director
- Plans and delegates work assignments assuring effective shift coverage; Coordinates care on his/her shift.
- Participates in and supervises the delivery of personal care to residents.
- Implements the service plans and collects data regarding the health status of residents.
- Acts as supervisor for the shift; Coaches and counsels’ RCAs/MTs regarding care practices and standards; Follows proper disciplinary procedures if RCAs/MTs are not following community policies and procedures; Writes disciplinary reports per community protocol.
- Always maintains professional demeanor when interacting with residents and families.
- Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in potentially sensitive or emotionally charged situations.
- Reports any suspected or witnessed instances of verbal, mental, or physical abuse to Wellness Director and takes appropriate action.
- Administers medications according to the physician order on the medication administration record (MAR).
- Documents medications administered on the MAR in accordance with company policy; Checks MARs immediately after administration and prior to end of shift to ensure documentation is complete and accurate.
- Conducts change of shift report with oncoming/outgoing shift personnel.
- Maintains security of medication cart and narcotic keys during entire shift; Conducts narcotic count at the beginning and end of every shift in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Transcribes physician orders, reviews MAR’s for accuracy, and notifies pharmacy of changes.
- Responds to emergencies in a prompt, calm manner.
- Orients and assists with on-the-job training of new associates and participates in evaluation of knowledge, skills, and abilities of associates on his/her shift; Reports findings to Wellness Director.
- Monitors e-call system equipment to ensure proper working condition and caregiver response to e-call to assure timely assistance.
- Monitors and maintains resident charts; Reports significant changes in a resident’s condition to the physician and responsible party and documents in the resident’s chart all observations, follow through and any new orders/instructions from the physician.
- Understands and uses Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Standard Precautions, OSHA's Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens, and other safety rules.
- Operates designated medical equipment, copy, scan, fax machines, and telephone.
- Documents and reports resident incidents as required by state regulations.
- Assist Wellness Director in the compliance of the community for the wellness department.
- Assist with the review of pharmacy consultant recommendations and contact physician; Update MAR and treatment plan with any new orders or instructions from physician.
- May administer TB skin testing on new associates as well as residents per state regulation.
- Assist in other assignments delegated by the Wellness Director or Executive Director to ensure the compliance of the community and the wellness department regarding policy and procedures.
- Serve as back up to the Wellness Director to complete assessments, service plans, and other required documentation for current and new residents.
- Responsible for planning the wellness schedule – preferably 1 month in advance but no less than 2 weeks.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for staffing and care needs; Responsible for finding coverage for open shifts when rotating on-call for staffing.
- Must be available by phone 24/7 while on-call for staffing needs and able to fill open shift if needed.
Non-Essential Functions of the Assistant Wellness Director
- Participates in and supports the resident-centered activities program.
- Demonstrates the ability to function as a team member in sharing responsibilities for the administration of resident services in cooperation with all members of the team.
- Keeps Wellness Director informed of all changes in resident's health and/or any problems within the shift.
- Participates in all staff meetings and attends other meetings as required.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the heritage, values and wisdom of the residents, and an understanding of the aging process.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Wellness Director or Executive Director.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Must be a licensed nurse in state where you work.
- Minimum of two years nursing experience.
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
- Experience in an Assisted Living setting preferred.
- Be in good physical health and free of communicable diseases; Lifting, bending, and pushing medication cart within the community is required; Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Completion of drug testing and criminal background check upon hire and upon request of supervisor.
AddressMyrtle Beach, SC
EducationView all jobs at Grace Management