JOB TITLE: Food Service Superstar
Pay Rate: $11.93 & Medical Benefits
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt, Direct
JOB PURPOSE: Work under the direction of the Food Service Manager and Lead Supervisor. Work under general supervision and follow prescribed steps after receiving instructions as how to do the work. Food Service Manager and Lead Supervisor observe the work to determine whether it is performed properly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Set up food on cafeteria lines and portion food for individual servings in accordance with instructions.
• Replace glassware, dishes, and silverware; as well as refill condiment containers. Wipe and wash tables and countertops.
• Clean work area, utensils, and equipment; remove garbage; sweep and mop floors, scrub walls, windows, and tables.
• Remove dishes, glasses, and silverware from serving counters. Mix washing solutions and operate electric pots, pans, and dish washing machine and/or wash dishes, glassware, pots, pans, and kitchen utensils by hand.
• Make coffee. Assist in the setup of serving lines.
• Perform a wide variety of manual tasks in kitchen or dining area of a food activity, which involves light to moderate physical effort and is done according to established procedures.
• Maintain in a sanitary condition equipment, work areas, utensils, and tables.
• Follow uniform requirements as prescribed in company rules and contract requirements.
• Serve food to those in serving line, re-fill cold bars, salad bars, pastry cabinets, condiments, juice dispensers, and set up dining rooms. Set up serving lines no more than 30 minutes prior and beverages no more than 15 minutes prior to serving hours.
• Perform ware-washing, and keep pots and pans areas in order prior to, during, and after meals. Follow correct techniques, cleaning schedules, and tasks.
• Assist in areas where needed.
• Notify supervisor immediately of malfunctioning, inoperative, unsafe, or hazardous equipment cleaned or used.
• Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers.
• Maintain Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) logs, operate bio metallic and/ or digital thermometer.
• Maintain the Five Star Service standards for excellence
• Welcoming each and every customer, each and every time.
• Focusing on personalized experience.
• Delivering fast and friendly service.
• Providing a great quality product.
• Thanking each customer by name and inviting them back.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Participate in all other training required by funding source(s) and/or the Corporation.
• Submit to and pass a Criminal Background Check.
Food Service & Customer Service Experience
• A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization.
• Requires strong customer service skills
• Must be able after training to serve customers at an efficient pace while providing friendly customer service.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, knee, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include, but are not limited to, close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.