The Employee Relations Manager is a strategic and task-oriented role. This position implements employee relations systems including recruitment and retention, benefits administration, employee relations programs, employee communications, conflict resolution, and training and compliance with applicable State and Federal laws. This position interfaces with personnel, administration, government agencies and educational institutions.
This community expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork and hospitality for its residents and other employees. Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
- Develops and administers various Employee Relations plans and procedures for community personnel.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Reviews alignment of job descriptions and updates, as necessary, with Regional Support; conducts routine market wage analysis surveys and presents recommendations to supervisor for review.
- Monitors the performance evaluation program and educates managers on effective employee relations, as needed.
- Recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; oversees handbook compliance.
- Performs benefits administration function to include all enrollment efforts, claims resolution, and approving invoices for payment.
- Assists employee safety efforts in the community.
- Oversees data accuracy for affirmative action program and EEO-1 annual report; maintains other records; maintains and publishes OSHA log.
- Manages community recruitment and retention plan for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; mentors supervisors on compliant hiring practices; oversees reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new employee orientations; provides uniforms, administers career-path program, employee counseling, and conducts exit interviews.
- Ensures accurate and current personnel files and logs to include: pre-employment screenings and required health records; disciplinary action; work attendance, such as call-ins, leave of absence, sick leave, FMLA leave; Workers’ Compensation; and maintain all employee benefit information.
- Oversees payroll information for submission to payroll department for processing.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Knows Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill & Evacuation Procedures and how to use the information
- Maintain resident rights, such as confidentiality of resident and facility records/information, protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse; protect the personal property of the residents of the facility
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Business Acumen.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Leadership & Navigation.
- Relationship Management.
- Ethical Practice.
This position may manage Employee Relations Coordinators to include hiring, performance management, and/or disciplinary action.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Two years in labor relations function with supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business or public administration, or closely related field
- Equivalent combination of training and experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or PHR