Director of NextGen Ministries
Grace Fellowship Church Baltimore, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Grace Fellowship Church (GFC), a growing non-denomination church, in Timonium MD, is looking for a Director of NextGen Ministries (DNGM) who is strategically minded, administratively skilled, aggressive with recruitment and team development, has a pastoral heart, and values relational ministry. The successful candidate has demonstrated experience providing oversight and leadership to all ministries related to children, youth, young adults, and the respective families at GFC. The DNGM fully embraces the vision, mission, and theology of Grace Fellowship Church and will work closely with the leadership team to implement its vison and values. This role requires the incumbent to take responsibility for the alignment of incorporating youth and young adults with the church’s overall strategy.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Pray for, support, and be an extension of the vision and values of the lead pastor and GFC (please visit gfc.org).
- Develops, implements, and manages strategic initiatives for each of the ministry areas under the DNGM’s leadership. Promotes a culture of excellent performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality. Creates systems to gauge ministry effectiveness.
- Partners with families/guardians in discipling their kids/teens to grow in faith, wisdom, and friendship.
- Collaborates with the leadership team to develop highly engaging programming for the respective areas.
- Provides oversight for the recruitment, training, and leadership for volunteers who are passionate about youth and young adults who demonstrate our core values.
- Engages in the community and develops effective outreach opportunities.
- Oversees and advances the ministry presence on social media platforms.
- Oversees and manages the respective NextGen budget(s).
- Demonstrates team spirit by partnering with other ministries to integrate youth/young adults into the overall mission of GFC.
- Provides efficient and effective communications vehicles for inclusivity of staff/parents-guardians and volunteers.
- Vibrant Christ follower with strong character
- Live the staff values of GFC (gfc.org)
- Commitment and support of Grace Fellowship’s purpose, vision, and mission
- Desire and ability to encourage greater unity and interaction amongst people from multi-cultural, ethnic, and economic backgrounds
- Must be an active and engaged member of GFC
- Passionate about making more and better disciples in a church environment
- Calling for this ministry demonstrated by a passion for sharing Christ with youth
- Spiritual maturity
- A heart for the community and a desire to build community relationships
- Thorough knowledge and/or understanding of children’s/youth ministry
- Experience designing systems and strategies
- Knowledge of trends in the delivery of training including the use of technology and best practices related to the development and delivery of training
- Proven leader with effective organizational, communications, and consensus building skills
- Highly capable with technology and office software as well as an aptitude for learning other necessary software.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The ideal candidate is a team builder who values and supports multiculturalism
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred but not required
- Prior experience (minimum five years) successfully engaged with increasing levels of responsibility overseeing children’s/youth ministry, or experience in childhood/human development, or education preferred
- Experience in a large Church or not-for-profit organization would be beneficial
Working Hours and Conditions:
This position is full time.
There are currently two “all hands” events per year, Christmas and Easter, where extra hours are required.
Most work is done on site although some work may be done remotely.
The successful candidate will thrive in as well as contribute to a working environment that is spiritual, prayerful, cooperative (team), relational, unified (shared goals), celebrative, and productive.
Travel Requirements and Expectations
Occasional offsite staff meetings and periodic travel for training and enrichment may be required.
Commensurate with experience and capability. To be discussed in hiring process.
For more information about Grace Fellowship Church, please visit our website at www.gfc.org. To apply, applicants must submit a resume along with your written response to the following question: Why are you interested in serving with Grace Fellowship Church as the Director of NextGen Ministries? Be specific about describing how your ministry calling and competencies align with the responsibilities of this role. Please email your materials to HR@gfc.org.
Grace Fellowship Church
Grace Fellowship Church is “Inspiring a life worth pursuing in Baltimore and beyond.” We have two promises – make moments significant and multiply our reach. We inspire, encourage, and equip one another to continually grow and become the people God created us to be.