- Over a month ago
The Transplant Coordinator coordinates solid organ (heart, lung, heart- lung, liver, kidney, pancreas, and multi-organ) transplantation of all pediatric and adult organ recipients. The Transplant Coordinator provides follow-up and care across the continuum from pre-transplant, during transplant and post transplant. S/he collaborates with members of the health care team to enhance patient care by developing, supporting and educating nursing staff. S/he is a clinician, educator, investigator, consultant and leader. S/he makes clinical judgments based upon a synthesis of current research, concepts, principles, theories, and outcomes to solve complex problems. The Transplant Coordinator is an integral member of a larger interdisciplinary team contributing to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, and in providing leadership to the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
Clinical Practice 1. Provides advanced nursing care for patients before and after solid-organ transplantation including heart, kidney, kidney-pancreas, liver and lung along the continuum of outpatient to inpatient 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
2. Coordinates evaluation process for pre-transplant (referral) patients to ensure effective use of hospital and clinical resources.
3. Assesses post-transplant organ function and general health status and collaboratively determines need for additional assessment or intervention.
4. Facilitates the scheduling of studies or procedures for diagnostic purposes utilizing fiscal responsibility for patient and hospital costs.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of protocol and standards of care for the transplant patient in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
6. Assists nurses and other staff to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the care of the transplant patient.
7. Monitors the process and outcomes of routine care to determine quality improvement need.
8. Provides on-call coverage, including coordination of activities prior to transplant, and as medical triage for out patients in collaboration with the physician on-call.
9. Coordinates transplantation process when a donor is available (24 hours/7 days a week) including communication between physicians, local organ procurement organization, patient/families and the medical team involved including ED, OR, ICU (SICU, ACU), blood bank and histocompatilbility labs.
10. Completes necessary documentation according to the United Network of Organ Sharing (UNOS) guidelines including listing, status changes and post-transplant follow-up information.
11. Communicates with multidisciplinary team members and patients and families in a timely manner in regard to patient care/issues.
12. Collaborates with PRM and other team members in coordinating discharge plans for patients pre-transplant or post-transplant including referral to home health / IV therapy / Hospice / Rehab / SNF.
13. Communicates with insurer case manager on an as needed basis.
14. Refers patients or families for assistance utilizing health system and community resources as appropriate.
15. Maintains patient transplant record with current data to facilitate communication.
16. Plans nursing care and medical procedures with fiscal responsibility by working collaboratively with transplant administrators, financial coordinators, DUH utilization review and third-part case managers.Required Qualifications at this LevelEducation
BSN required, MSN preferred.
5 years nursing experience with at least two years in transplant, critical care, disease specific OR minimum of 3 years clinical nursing experience in transplant, critical care, disease specific
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
Current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina required. BLS required.
The following items will be required for employment:
- Current TB test (within the last 12 months)
- Immunity to MMR (Mumps, Measles and Rubella) – documentation of 2 vaccinations or blood test
- Immunity to Varicella (Chickenpox) – documentation of 2 vaccinations or blood test
- Covid-19 Vaccination, including booster is required for this position as well as the passing of a background check.
Shot records must be reviewed by Grace personnel prior to resumes being submitted to the hiring manager.
Powered by JazzHR
Grace Federal Solutions LLC
HealthcareView all jobs at Grace Federal Solutions LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?