Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Prepare intravenous admixtures or other sterile products (including chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition).
- Technician to work in our clean rooms in Cancer Center Infusion Pharmacy. IV experience is helpful.
- Fill physician orders/prescriptions, medication carts, or stock requisitions.
- Deliver medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas.
- Answer telephones and directs calls to appropriate personnel.
- Enter charges and credits for patient medications.
- Enter medication orders/prescriptions into the pharmacy computer system.
- Provide technical support for automated equipment (Pyxis Robotics).
- Maintain logs, records, and other required documentation—file documentation in the appropriate location.
- Complete and document all assigned medication storage area inspections at least monthly. Identify and replace outdated and unusable drugs. Monitor assigned quality improvement indicators of individual or departmental performance. Stock medications and supplies; package medications as required for dispensing.
- Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this LevelEducation
High school diploma or equivalent and completion of a certified pharmacy technician training program.
Or Acceptance into pharmacy school or High school diploma or equivalent and one year of pharmacy or health care related experience.
Degrees, Licensure, and Certification
Must be eligible for registry with the NC Board of Pharmacy
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of drug names, basic math, medical terminology, necessary computer skills.
- Ability to compound medications and admix intravenous products, including antineoplastic drugs under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
To express your interest, please go to www.gracefederalsolutions.com and click Pharmacy Tech I or email your resume to patrice@gracefederal solutions.com.
Powered by JazzHR
Grace Federal Solutions LLC