Grace Ev. Lutheran Church Winter Haven, FL
- Posted: 29 days ago
- $18 to $22 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision
GRACE LUTHERAN CHURCH AND SCHOOL
Job Title: Finance Administrator Reports to: Senior Pastor and Church Administrator
Department: Administration Approved by Board of Directors
FLSA Status: Non-exempt 4/26/21
Fulfill the church’s and school’s mission of “Connecting People to Jesus” and vision of
“Grace for All Generations” by developing and implementing effective systems of financial management to reconcile all finances, execute all accounts payable, and maintain all human resource and vendor data on behalf of the church treasurer.
Prepare all monthly, annual and periodical financial reports
· Complete corporate returns and financial sections of District and Synodical Statistical reports
· Secure and assemble budget requests for annual budget preparation
· Prepare for annual audits: workman’s compensation, STEP UP
· Post daily deposits to the SAGE accounting program (or applicable program)
· Provide required information for Church and School property insurance, workmen’s compensation insurance, and other as needed.
Manage all vendor accounts and expenses payables
· Maintain vendor accounts, contracts and files.
· Review all incoming invoices and code to proper general ledger accounts
· Draft checks making payments for church and school expenses
Manage Employee Payroll and Benefit Packages
· Process bi-weekly payroll information to Vendor
· Maintain employee files
· Forward employee deferrals to Tax Sheltered Annuities
· Provide and manage required information to Concordia Retirement and Health Plans
· Provide employees with appropriate benefit information
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions.
· Advise Supervisory Administrative Staff and Board of Directors of trends and best
practices in financial systems and human resource management for non-profit and charitable giving organizations
- Monthly reports on financial projections (e.g. liquidity and cash flow)
- Research and assemble required financial information to support loan applications as directed.
- File for property tax exemption on newly purchased properties.
- Other duties as assigned by the Treasurer or Senior Pastor.
- Profess a belief that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living.
- Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech and action toward others.
- Demonstrate the ability to foster a loving, supportive and redemptive work environment within the ministry – striving for coherence and unity.
· Seek membership and remain in good standing with Grace Lutheran Church
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· A vision of financial management and bookkeeping consistent with the mission and vision of the congregation and school.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, in order to relate to members of the congregation, staff, parents of school children and the community on a professional and personal basis.
- Ability and knowledge to use accounting software and familiarity with basic digital financial systems and controls
- Organizational and time-management skills for establishing and meeting deadlines.
- Maintain an organized work space and impeccable files.
Education, skills and/or Experience
· High School diploma
· Minimum of two-year’s experience in bookkeeping, financial accounting or a related field.
· Maintain a personal appearance that is a Christian role model of professionalism, good taste and modesty.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
· Salary is a negotiated hourly rate approximately $20.00 per hour
· Two-weeks-vacation the first 2 years. After that, 3 weeks per year
· Premier Health Benefits package with retirement and disability
LINES OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Works on behalf of and in coordination with the Church Treasurer. Reports directly to the Church Administrator and indirectly to the Sr. Pastor as the head of the Administrative Staff.
Grace Ev. Lutheran ChurchWhy Work Here?
Work in a pleasant church office working with a team who is committed to excellence! Premier health benefit package.
327 Ave C SEWinter Haven, FL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Grace Ev. Lutheran Church