Spoke Addiction Counselor - Full-time
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you enjoy helping people, learning, and working with a team? Would you like to make a difference every day? Grace Cottage Family Health & Hospital is dedicated to providing this while offering a highly competitive benefits package for full and part-time employees, which helps our teammates meet their personal and professional needs.
Attributes of success at Grace Cottage Hospital include:
- A strong work ethic through reliability and dependability
- Time management skills, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility in the healthcare environment
- Meets all the requirements of their position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on their services.
- Required to comply with and utilize correct lifting techniques, safety procedures, and mechanical devices while performing their job-related duties/tasks in order to protect themselves and our patients from injury
Mission Statement: To serve the health care needs of our community;
to promote wellness, relieve suffering, and restore health.
Promise: We Go Beyond Patient Care
Core Values (Employee-Chosen): Honesty, Commitment, Reliability, Quality Overall, Respect,
Loyalty, Teamwork, Empathy, Compassion, Knowledge, Appropriate Communication,
Making Customer/ Patient Comfortable & at Ease
Our outstanding salary and benefits to eligible employees include:
- Employer-funded Healthcare Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Dental Insurance
- Long & Short-Term Disability/Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Earned Time Off
- Retirement Savings via 401k Plan with Employer Match
- Generous Tuition Assistance/Student Loan Reimbursement Program
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness program
Why Grace Cottage?
Grace cottage was founded in 1949 where we started from the ground up, since then we have been voted “Best Hospital,” “Best ER,” “Best Place To Work,” “Best Pediatrician,” and “Best Physical Therapy” in the Brattleboro Reformers Readers’ Choice Award since 2019. Who wouldn’t want to work for a highly voted hospital in rural VT? Grace Cottage surrounds beautiful mountains to ski/snowboard/snowshoe, stunning hiking adventures, and a short 20-minute commute to the hip town of Brattleboro, VT night life.
Job Summary: As an independent practitioner, provides assessment and counseling and support to patients suffering from substance abuse and addictive disorders, and co-occurring disorders. Provides direct care and service to patients through assessment, educational and individual counseling, case management, and continuing care planning. The Community Health Team is a multi-disciplinary team designed to coordinate access to high-quality, cost effective and comprehensive Medication Assisted Treatment Services. The goal is to ensure that clients receive coordinated care that addresses all aspects of necessary services.
- Master’s degree in a Behavioral Health Field from an accredited graduate school.
- Must have an active Vermont LADC (Drug and Alcohol Counselor License) or other independent Vermont License if addiction treatment experience is demonstrated (LICSW, LCMHC, Licensed Psychologist, etc.).
- LADC is preferred.
- Have an understanding and ability to work with a wide variety client with substance use disorders, including best practices in supporting medication assisted treatment.
Grace Cottage Family Health & Hospital
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?