Administrative Assistant for Missions & Mobilization
- Posted: over a month ago
The Administrative Assistant for Missions & Mobilization is responsible for providing administrative support for impact trips, local and global events, and the Pastor of Missions and Mobilization. S/he coordinates communication with ministry teams and volunteers.
They are a spiritually mature believer in a vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ expressed in a commitment to humble, servant leadership and possesses a heart for the local church and wider kingdom of God.
You are living a healthy, Christ-centered life and possess multi-cultural people skill with an obvious passion for the global expansion of God’s kingdom. You are a creative self-starter who is highly organized, focused on details, and can multi-task with a high level of computer literacy and professionalism.
More importantly, you understand discipleship and are ready to encourage volunteers to serve in ministries. You are a team player who contributes toward and participates in all areas of global and local missions. You are flexible and comfortable with change and a risk-taker who is willing to step into new adventures. You are passionate, humble, teachable, and committed to fulfilling the ministry goals of Grace Community Church.
- Responsible for logistical details of Impact trips
- Maintain Managed Missions database
- Process Impact trip applications
- Monitor Fund Goals
- Communicate and follow up with trip leaders as needed
- Make reservations for airline, hotel, and other impact trip needs
- Coordinate Beyond department communication
- Help recruit support volunteers for Focus Areas and ministry teams
- Ensure timely and effective communication of ministry plans and events
- Work with Communications Department to promote major Beyond events
- Provide administrative support for the Pastor of Missions and Mobilization
- Provide general administrative support for Beyond Department
- Handle scheduling, room reservations, Facility/AV/Marketing/Graphics requests
- Coordinate facility and logistical details for Beyond events
- Manage and maintain Beyond ministry data in Realm
- Assist ministry directors in the execution and evaluation of ministry plans/objectives
- Other duties as assigned
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized with an ability to prioritize daily tasks and special projects
- Event planning skills
- Required Training: Perspectives on the World Christian Movement Course
- 20 Hours/week
- 1x Per Week - Meet with the Pastor of Missions & Mobilization
- 1x Per Week - Meet with the Beyond Team
- 1x Per Week - Attend the weekly All Staff Meeting
- 1x Per Week - Attend staff noon-time prayer gathering
- 1x Per Month – Attend admin meeting
- 1x Per Year - Participate in the All-Staff Retreat, typically in August
- Christmas Eve + Easter Sunday Gatherings
- As Needed - Initiate/attend project specific meetings
- Reports to the Pastor of Missions & Mobilization
- Works Closely with the Assistant Director of Local Outreach, Focus Area team leaders, Local Ministry team Leaders, Global Partners, Impact trip leaders and GCC Staff.
Grace Community Church
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?