Grace Academy CDC Columbia, SC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $10 to $13 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k
We are seeking a Floater Teacher to join our organization! This individual will plan and present age appropriate activities for children.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The floater teacher is responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate preschool program in accordance with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
The Floater Teacher will be responsible for assisting with the planning and implementing a program to teach young children. They must ensure the development and safety of these children in accordance with relevant federal, territorial and municipal legislation and policies. The Floater Teacher will be respectful of children and parents, and ensure that equipment and facilities are clean, safe and well maintained.
Under the supervision of the GACDC Director or Assistant Director/Campus Manager, this position will be responsible for managing students in an appropriate and child-centered manner. Develop and implement a developmentally appropriate preschool program for young students so that each child will have the opportunity to develop to his/her fullest potential.
- Instruct preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote intellectual and creative growth
- Create a fun and safe learning environment
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure adequate physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Communicate with parents on students' growth and progress
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
- Passionate about working with children
- Ability to build rapport with children
- Positive and patient demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Grace Academy CDC
5010 Monticello RoadColumbia, SC