Grace and Lace, a fashion forward clothing brand for women is seeking a driven and organized Production Coordinator - Women’s Apparel for immediate full-time hire to help our dream team grow our successful, award-winning catalog of women’s apparel and accessories.
Grace and Lace is a fast paced, rapidly growing, fashion powerhouse. We believe teamwork makes the dream work. We empower one another. We strive for excellence in everything we do. The team here is on a mission to change the world and has helped save hundreds of children in India by building orphanages with plans to open many more in the coming years. We are Grace and Lace - Check us out here: graceandlace.com
Are you an excellent communicator who is honest, direct, and tactful? Do others describe you as an analytical thinker with a passion for fashion? Are you always striving for greatness in yourself and believe in delivering awesome always? Do you believe in being a part of something bigger than yourself while making a true impact?
As our Production Coordinator you will be responsible for actively overseeing certain aspects of the production pipeline. You will be responsible for helping make sure everything from the beginning to the end of production of every Grace and Lace product is on time and is of top quality.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Highly collaborative - Ability to work with team members and factories to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner;
- Strong leadership skills - Capable of quickly adapting to changing circumstances while working together the team to ensure goals and objectives continue to be met;
- Takes action and follows through to get things DONE;
- Able to receive and improve from constructive criticism with renewed dedication;
- Always learning, growing, and expanding your boundaries;
- Skilled communicator;
- Mindset to set goals and take action to fulfill them; and
- Works hard but likes having fun while doing so!
- Create and issue purchase orders, confirm timelines and product shipments are on schedule.
- Work with warehouse to maintain product data, communication changes, confirm product arrivals, and coordinate production schedule.
- Manage pre-production and the top of production (TOP) sample submission & approval process
- Track and catalog pre-production samples, photo samples, and lab dip/fabric books - ensuring all samples are well-organized, correctly labeled, & easy to access;
- Production Planning and Management;
- Ship, track and receive all packages containing garment samples, lab dips, tech packs, etc to vendors;
- Coordinate extensively with internal departments responsible for each component of production;
- Track all components of production ensuring that they are on schedule for delivery to meet your final exit date for production;
- Ensure that all issues affecting production are addressed in a timely manner and does not jeopardize the delivery of an order;
- Ensure all brand and production needs are met, that production is placed in approved and appropriate factories and deliveries are scheduled to ship on time;
- Partner with cross functional teams to troubleshoot any issue raised during production;
- Communicate daily with overseas factories to ensure on-time delivery of quality garments; and
- Collect and analyze time and action information from overseas factories.
- 1-3 years working in Women’s Apparel Production;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Retail Merchandising, Supply Chain/Logistics or related field;
- Excellent prioritization, organization and problem-solving skills;
- Fully understands all aspects and phases of Product Development and Production in the apparel industry;
- Experiences with import production cycle including knowledge of shipping and delivery;
- Detailed understanding of product cost;
- Results oriented, detail minded and flexible with strong listening skills;
- Knowledge of domestic and import production process;
- Knowledge of fabric, garment construction, and fit a plus;
- Excellent Negotiation Skills;
- Experience with communicating with overseas manufacturers;
- Strong knowledge of Excel, G Suite, and Trello;
- Familiar with import logistics and freight; and
- Has a highly resilient and robust attitude and demeanor.