Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
This position requires an active TS/SCI security clearance and have the ability to obtain a Polygraph within a reasonable amount of time after hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Minimum of 5 years in increasing responsible IT leadership role with direct experience managing multi-personnel projects
- Demonstrated communication effectiveness, and good project management discipline
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an experienced Senior Project Manager. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, can adapt to change quickly while working in support of a classified IT technology environment, then we are looking for you. This position provides an excellent opportunity for professional growth and increased responsibility.
The primary ongoing responsibility is for management of projects with a focus on meeting project commitments and ensuring communications with sponsors, stakeholders, project teams, etc. You will spend significant time on project management responsibilities, to include leading or assisting in the planning, implementation and introduction of projects for new systems and technologies.
The successful candidate must be Customer-service focused and have the ability to build strong working relationships with staff and clients, be a team player able to work independently, and have effective communication skills. The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent client-facing communication skills and strong interpersonal and organizational skills required to coordinate across the program's staff
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Highlights of Responsibilities:
Selected candidate will: lead the planning and/or implementation of projects and may also participate in the design and testing phases; facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor project or area progress. The following are representative, but not fully inclusive, of the required tasks:
- Provide centralized planning, direction, and control required to meet cost, schedule, and performance goals
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements
- Track project performance and analyze project status to ensure the successful completion of all project requirements
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirements
- Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients' needs as appropriate to senior management
- Work across functional areas to solve problems and implement changes
- Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery
If you are a self-motivated problem solver with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within a fast-paced, IT environment, than you might be one of us.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran